An ocaps unconference

Alan Karp

Dec 28, 2021, 1:52:31 PM12/28/21
to <friam@googlegroups.com>, cap-...@googlegroups.com
Kaliya, one of the organizers of IIW, is proposing a 1/2 or 1 day unconference on ocaps.  Is there any interest?  It might be a good opportunity to hold some tutorial sessions and present some use cases in addition to some technical sessions for the cognoscenti.

Who would be willing to prepare a tutorial?  Who has some real world use cases they'd like to present?

--------------
Alan Karp

Randy Farmer

Dec 28, 2021, 6:15:39 PM12/28/21
to cap-...@googlegroups.com

Has there ever been a Caps-centric meeting like this before? If not, I think it's long overdue. If we want to get understanding and adoption out there, we need to gather more people and agree on approaches and terminology...

Matt Rice

Dec 28, 2021, 6:22:08 PM12/28/21
to cap-talk
There were tracks at the 2017 & 18 splash conferences,
https://2018.splashcon.org/series/ocap
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cap-talk/75579717-1bad-d98d-aaf4-077dbf7ed1fd%40pobox.com.

Alan Karp

Dec 28, 2021, 7:12:25 PM12/28/21
to cap-...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Dec 28, 2021 at 3:22 PM Matt Rice <rat...@gmail.com> wrote:
There were tracks at the 2017 & 18 splash conferences,
https://2018.splashcon.org/series/ocap

Those tracks were deeply technical, and mostly the same attendees the two years.  Like Randy, I'd like to take advantage of the interest in ocaps by the IIW folks and have something that will attract them.

Alan Karp

Christine Lemmer-Webber

Jan 2, 2022, 8:24:34 PMJan 2
to cap-...@googlegroups.com, Alan Karp
I was fortunate enough to be able to attend 2018's, wish I could have
made 2017's too.

This space is bubbling with interesting stuff and we're only going to
succeed if we get the important ideas out there... so yeah I'm all for
it!