browsers as the OS: security ui ux

Raoul Duke

Mar 6, 2022, 6:13:11 PM3/6/22
to cap-...@googlegroups.com
every 6 months or so i have this conniption fit like deja vu all over again:

it drives me kinda super bonkers that i have to configure N different
browsers across M different machines i use on and off in my life, to
vaguely have the settings i want for things like cookies and autofill.

er, isn't that maybe something the OS should kinda know about instead?
especially for things like microphone and camera access. Maybe they
do* and i just didn't ever learn it because of the ui/ux involved. i
guess i wish the browser just redirected me to the OS ui for those
controls instead of trying to be yet another turdle wrapped around the
other turdles all the way down.

* i know some do.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-camera-microphone-and-privacy-a83257bc-e990-d54a-d212-b5e41beba857