Updating the domain of Canvas instance already in production

Anand Srinivasan

Mar 11, 2024, 1:33:47 AMMar 11
to Canvas LMS Users
Hello,

Is there a safe way to update the domain name of a canvas instance already in production?

Do we have to regenerate/recompile canvas assets after updating the URL in domain.yml?

Thanks,
Anand

Nicolas Lopez

Mar 11, 2024, 10:20:46 AMMar 11
to Canvas LMS Users
We've done it a couple of times in the past. At least you should check your security.yml, dynamic_settings.yml, and the apache configuration that contains the site.
As far as I remember, there is no need to recompile the assets.
Cheers.
Nico

Marco Antônio de Carvalho Ramos

Mar 11, 2024, 10:29:30 AMMar 11
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
I did this last week.
I followed the very same steps that Nicolas appointed and everything went well.
The difference was that the school was doing a full restart. So I needed to rebuild the database (full migration) and the assets.

Best regards,
Marco

--

---