show "hidden" feature previews as site admin

Jim Witte

Sep 22, 2021, 1:17:22 PM9/22/21
to Canvas LMS Users
What would a canvas site admin need to do in order to "unhide" a hidden feature preview?

I've spun up a docker-based install of canvas on my laptop for development purposes (today). This version of canvas has course templates as a "hidden feature preview". As a site admin, I can enable that feature preview, but the "hidden" tag remains, and the expected checkbox in course settings to designate the course as a template remains hidden.

I infer that "site admin" is the role that the canvas CSM might have, since some warning messages refer to "customers".

thanks,
Jim