Delayed jobs draining

Stef Schenkelaars

May 31, 2014, 11:23:51 AM5/31/14
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
We are running multiple canvas servers. Every server does everything themselves (web, db, cache, jobs). We now notice that on a server that is not used for some time (for example our demo server) is stopping with the background jobs. If one does <service canvas_init status> it returns <No delayed jobs pool running>. When we manually restart the service, the mailers become alive again and all jobs are executed. Is it normal that the pool is draining after inactivity? And how to make sure that is stays on (or restart) when jobs are added.

Our delayed_jobs.yml:
production:
  workers:
  - queue: canvas_queue
    workers: 2
    max_priority: 10
  - queue: canvas_queue
    workers: 4

Ravi Yadav

Jan 3, 2017, 2:44:59 AM1/3/17
to Canvas LMS Users
Hi,

Did you by any chance find a solution to your problem?

I am having same issues.

Kind Regards,
Ravi