Redis behavior - Flush? Restart?

Marco Ramos

Dec 12, 2023, 1:52:44 PM12/12/23
to Canvas LMS Users
Hello everyone,

I set up a Redis server for my Canvas-LMS cluster.
It's running for 49 days without restart, keys flush, and problems.
My server has 16 GB of memory. In the beginning, Redis used 2 GB of memory, and now it's using almost 8 GB.
The Redis KeySpace info contains one DB (db0) with over 7.2 million keys; only 365 thousand will expire.

I'm wondering how do you deal with this kind of server.
Do you guys restart the server frequently? How often?
Do you guys run a flush command frequently? How often?

Best regards,
Marco.

Marco Antônio de Carvalho Ramos

Dec 12, 2023, 1:57:35 PM12/12/23
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Another information:
I was having problems with dumping the memory so I disabled this feature.
Because of this, I'll always lose the cached data when I restart the server.

--

---

Andrey Gangan

Dec 13, 2023, 12:51:58 PM12/13/23
to Canvas LMS Users
check redis documentation
1. limit memory
redis-cli config set maxmemory 3gb
2. set key deletion policy
redis-cli set maxmemory-policy allkeys-lru
3. save and apply settings
redis-cli rewrite

вторник, 12 декабря 2023 г. в 20:57:35 UTC+2, Marco Antônio de Carvalho Ramos:

Marco Antônio de Carvalho Ramos

Dec 13, 2023, 1:03:51 PM12/13/23
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Oh, nice.
I think it'll work.
I'll give it a try and let you know further.

Thank you.

Marco

Marco Antônio de Carvalho Ramos

Mar 11, 2024, 10:31:31 AMMar 11