Canvas API for submission

Corea, Jaime D

Jun 26, 2024, 11:23:56 AM (7 days ago) Jun 26
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Does anyone know which is the best API to use If I wanted to see if a student submitted any assignment? I don't care about the assignment I just want to know if the student has submitted anything for a given course

Thanks,
Jaime

Tulio Nogueira

Jun 27, 2024, 4:55:17 PM (6 days ago) Jun 27
to Canvas LMS Users
Hi!

You can use the following endpoint: https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/submissions.html#method.submissions_api.for_students
Pass the student's user id in the payload within student_ids key.

Hope this help.

Tulio

Mohamed Mohamed

Jun 27, 2024, 5:45:52 PM (6 days ago) Jun 27
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
You can also use the Assignments endpoint to look at all the assignments for that student in a given course. The data it brings back will let you know if a student submitted an assignment, if it was late, their grade, median grade, and more. You'll need the student's user id and the course id: https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/assignments.html#method.assignments_api.user_index

GET /api/v1/users/:user_id/courses/:course_id/assignments

--

---