Gem version problem - testrailtagging

Jorge Herskovic

Aug 26, 2016, 10:44:03 AM8/26/16
to Canvas LMS Users
Hi,

New install (and I'm a newb to Rails and the Ruby ecosystem in general; I can follow instructions, but have a hard time debugging problems with the stack).

On a fresh install, the bundle install step is failing with

Could not find gem 'testrailtagging (~> 0.3.6.5)' in https://github.com/instructure/testrailtagging (at
master@d47845b).
Source contains 'testrailtagging' at: 0.3.7 ruby

I haven't been able to find the reference. It seems like an old package some step depends on was removed from github? Google is unhelpful.

Any pointers would be, as always, greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jorge

Graham Ballantyne

Aug 26, 2016, 12:22:05 PM8/26/16
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
We hit this as well last night on a dev environment. Bumping the testrailstagging gem to 0.3.7 worked.

--
Graham Ballantyne
IT Services

---

Graham Ballantyne

Aug 26, 2016, 12:37:09 PM8/26/16
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Actually, I just noticed that Instructure has v0.3.6.9 specified in the version of the test.rb gemfile on the master branch. You might want to try that. https://github.com/instructure/canvas-lms/blob/master/Gemfile.d/test.rb

--
Graham Ballantyne
IT Services

Cody Cutrer

Aug 26, 2016, 12:38:32 PM8/26/16
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
This has also been back-picked to the release branch that will be stable tomorrow.

Cody Cutrer
Software Engineer
Instructure

---

---

Cody Cutrer

Aug 31, 2016, 11:57:16 AM8/31/16
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Jorge,

I'm sorry for the slow response. This dependency issue has been fixed, and the stable branch has been updated.

Cody Cutrer
Software Engineer
Instructure