Default Apache2 page

Ravindu Perera

Jun 18, 2024, 3:05:55 PMJun 18
to Canvas LMS Users

I installed Canvas using the instructions provided in this link: https://elearningevolve.com/blog/install-canvas-lms/.

After completing the installation, I loaded the URL and saw the default Apache2 page. What could be causing this issue?

Screen Shot 2024-06-18 at 2.27.19 PM.png

Marco Antônio de Carvalho Ramos

Jun 18, 2024, 5:04:15 PMJun 18
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Make sure to review steps 6, 7 and 8.
After reviewing it, restart the apache2 server and try again.

sudo systemctl restart apache2

--

---

Josh M

Jun 18, 2024, 5:04:17 PMJun 18
to Canvas LMS Users
After doing the ssl cert steps, you need to unlink the default apache ssl config

sudo unlink /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default-le-ssl.conf

sudo systemctl restart apache2

Ravindu Perera

Jun 18, 2024, 5:19:49 PMJun 18
to Canvas LMS Users
Thanks for the response.I did the Apache restart and unlinked the default configuration file as you both are mentioned, but it did not work for me. When I changed the /etc/apache2/apache2.conf file from:

<Directory /var/www/html>  to  <Directory /var/canvas/public>

it load the login page of canvas. However, I am not sure if this will cause any issues in the future?

Josh M

Jun 18, 2024, 11:09:31 PMJun 18
to Canvas LMS Users
i would recommend changing apache2.conf back to default and send us the output of ls -las /etc/apache2/sites-enabled

Ravindu Perera

Jun 19, 2024, 10:00:06 PM (14 days ago) Jun 19
to Canvas LMS Users
I change back to default and unlink the both files
  • 000-default-le-ssl.conf
  • 000-default.conf
now it worked. Thank You.

Ravindu Perera

Jun 19, 2024, 10:54:22 PM (14 days ago) Jun 19
to Canvas LMS Users
I have a new issue: after sending a message in the inbox, I am unable to close the window(close button not working). The buttons are not working. Other tabs and buttons are functioning properly, but this specific box is the issue. What could be the reason?
Screen Shot 2024-06-19 at 10.48.23 PM.png

Josh M

Jun 20, 2024, 12:44:18 PM (13 days ago) Jun 20
to Canvas LMS Users
I am also encountering this issue. The X, Close buttons do not work.