No record/upload media canvas button on RCE editor

Damiano Dotto

Jun 3, 2021, 4:12:49 AM6/3/21
to Canvas LMS Users
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Create new page
  2. Edit that
  3. Click on menu (media icon)
There isn't record/media button:

120594627-864c5580-c441-11eb-9d5f-9520f5fbe89c.png

Can you help me?
Thank you

nicol...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2021, 9:58:15 AM6/10/21
to Canvas LMS Users
I understand you have to set up a media server like Kaltura for that. I've asked in this forum as well if someone has experience with it but there was no answer.

Regards,

Nico

Abner Noriega

Jun 11, 2021, 9:44:02 AM6/11/21
to Canvas LMS Users
That's exactly the way to go,
In my company, the IT team is creating a Kaltura look-a-like local server for testing matters. If that not works, last choice will be to buy the membership with Kaltura but we are still in the developing phase before to know if its gonna work.

--
Abner

nicol...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2021, 8:55:43 AM6/14/21
to Canvas LMS Users
Hi Abner, whenever you have some news from your Kaltura testings, could you share it with us?
Thanks!

Nicolas

Abner Noriega

Jun 15, 2021, 1:36:55 PM6/15/21
to Canvas LMS Users
Ok!

It will took us a few weeks but any update I will be sharing here, don't worry.

--
Abner

Abner Noriega

Jul 15, 2021, 2:13:01 PM7/15/21
to Canvas LMS Users
Just giving you feedback about Kaltura,

The opensource version of kaltura doesn't give any key to make the connection between the tool and Canvas. We are now testing Opencast that gave almost the same solutions than Kaltura but totally opensource. The cost are pretty cheaper than the other solution.

Nico López

Jul 15, 2021, 2:29:54 PM7/15/21
to Canvas LMS Users
Hi Abner, thanks for the update. Regarding the connection between Canvas an Kaltura CE, there are a few posts in the Kaltura gropus, I guess it might help:

You could try both the Plugin or the LTI integration I guess.

Abner Noriega

Jul 15, 2021, 2:36:15 PM7/15/21
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Wow Nico!

Thanks a lot for the info.

--
Abner Noriega

--

---

Nico López

Jul 15, 2021, 5:38:50 PM7/15/21
to Canvas LMS Users
Sure no problem! In case you need someone to help with some "trial and error", we have a test environment we can use. I'm open to do a confcall if it makes sense, as you know I'm quite interested in the Canvas - Kaltura open source integration, but never had time to install my own Kaltura server.
BR
Nico

Andrey Gangan

Dec 14, 2023, 7:20:07 AM12/14/23
to Canvas LMS Users
hi

can you share your results?

Thanks

пятница, 16 июля 2021 г. в 00:38:50 UTC+3, Nico López: