Delayed Jobs

Stacey Lyle

Aug 30, 2022, 7:52:59 PM8/30/22
to Canvas LMS Users
I am trying to get my delayed jobs such as some reports, import course, export course to run.  When I look a my Running Jobs is see a list of jobs that are current, but they have 0/1 attempt with no failures

I have ran ./delayed_job start and get Daemonozing...
When i run ../delayed_job status I get No delyed jobs pool running

I have tried with root and not sudo.

Any suggestions.

Graham Ballantyne

Aug 30, 2022, 7:56:34 PM8/30/22
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
What are your logs telling you?

–
Graham Ballantyne
Senior Systems Engineer | IT Services
Simon Fraser University | Strand Hall 1001
8888 University Dr., Burnaby, B.C. V5A 1S6

--

---

Stacey Lyle

Aug 30, 2022, 8:22:27 PM8/30/22
to Canvas LMS Users
My installation of Canvas was installed by my server provider Ionos.  It appears that the logging.yml is not running as it is named logging.yml example.

I can rename it and restart my server.

Stacey Lyle

Aug 30, 2022, 10:18:18 PM8/30/22
to Canvas LMS Users
When I try and run canvas_init start I get the error This account is currently not available.

My delayed_job.log is large and I am not sure what I should be looking for.

Nico López

Aug 31, 2022, 9:16:52 AM8/31/22
to Canvas LMS Users
Just something about Ionos: according to their website, they provide Canvas version  2020.12.16.47-2 . If that is correct, you have a 2 year old version! Before doing any further effort, I would say you should try to confirm if that.
On top of it, it says it uses AlmaLinux, and the installation instructions from Canvas recommends Ubuntu. Maybe someone else has experienci with Canvas/AlmaLInux (or RedHat).

Graham Ballantyne