help link dialog in Open Source Version ?

Aakash Kag

Mar 1, 2019, 12:43:57 PM3/1/19
to Canvas LMS Users
How to enable help link dialog in Open Source Version ?
I can't find option to show help menu.
help menu.png
Message has been deleted

sushant singh

Apr 10, 2019, 7:11:10 AM4/10/19
to Canvas LMS Users
Hi Aakash,

If you have database access then you can enable the help link by inserting a record in Settings table

name = "show_feedback_link"
value = "true"
created_at= <current date>
updated_at = <current date>

after inserting the record just restart the  redis server.

Regards,
Sushant

Dengpan Huang

Apr 15, 2019, 1:44:40 PM4/15/19
to Canvas LMS Users
It works now, changed some settings on coding.

aakash kag

May 21, 2019, 11:06:44 AM5/21/19
to Canvas LMS Users
Can you please post solution here. What are changes require in code.
Because added row as  @Sushant Suggested but its not working.

Darwin Duran Alba

Apr 27, 2021, 2:00:55 PM4/27/21
to Canvas LMS Users
I inserted the row and did the following:

sudo /etc/init.d/redis-server restart
sudo /etc/init.d/canvas_init restart
sudo  /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

And Link still won't show. please Help!

Daniel Muimi

Oct 17, 2022, 9:58:21 AM10/17/22
to Canvas LMS Users
The menu appears for a while (about 24 hours) and then disappears again. What could be the problem? Does it mean that I have to keep restarting the server every day?