RE: [Canvas] Sending Emails Not Working | GCP and Google Workspace

Nicolás López - Aulanexo

Feb 20, 2024, 7:15:09 AMFeb 20
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com

Hola Juan Paulo!

Maybe the Google account you are using does not allow the use of what they call “less secure apps”, you can try allowing it from the google admin console.

Anyway I would not recommend using a regular email account, as it can get blocked when Canvas starts sending many emails to your users. With Google or M365 can be even worse. You can use AWS SES, SendGrid, Brevo (formerly Sendinblue) or any transactional email provider instead, to avoid that situation.

Nicolás López

aulanexo

Feb 20, 2024, 7:46:52 AMFeb 20
to Canvas LMS Users
Thanks, at the end I used SendGrid, that worked it.

Eric Harvey

Feb 20, 2024, 10:41:43 AMFeb 20
to Canvas LMS Users
Excellent. Can you give us a sample of the outgoing_mail.yml that worked for you, using the new service?
Message has been deleted