Is there a way to get paid subscription for Instructure canvadocs preview service

Samuel Santhosh

Oct 25, 2017, 10:31:10 AM10/25/17
to Canvas LMS Users
Hi

I would like to know is there way to  get paid subscription /  Licence from Instructure canvadocs preview service.
As crocodoc EOL on Jan 16 2018 , I am looking for alternative.
Any suggestions.

Graham Ballantyne

Oct 25, 2017, 10:47:42 AM10/25/17
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Instructure has said that the new document viewer will be open-sourced at some point but hasn’t given a timeline yet.

If you’re looking at something immediately, we have a similar viewer based on Libre Office that replaces the Google Docs viewer. It doesn’t have annotations/markup like Instructure’s, and we’ll be replacing it with the Instructure DocViewer when it is released, but it’s worked well for us for a number of years. https://github.com/sfu/predoc

--
Graham Ballantyne
IT Services

---

Samuel Santhosh

Oct 26, 2017, 6:36:57 AM10/26/17
to Canvas LMS Users
Thanks Graham,

Actually I use Predoc for previewing files in other places in LMS (Thanks for the service) but my problem is annotations in SpeedGrader.
We have used Crocodoc mainly for annotations.
Any suggestions how SFU handling annotations.

If Instructure open sourced document viewer that will be Great! at this point of time.

Graham Ballantyne

Oct 26, 2017, 10:05:06 AM10/26/17
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
We currently don’t have a solution for annotations and are eagerly awaiting the release of instructure’s viewer.

--
Graham Ballantyne
IT Services

Samuel Santhosh

Oct 26, 2017, 10:07:02 AM10/26/17
to Canvas LMS Users
Thank, you!

TJ Krause

Jan 3, 2018, 11:49:16 PM1/3/18
to Canvas LMS Users
Does anyone know when/if DocViewer will be Open Sourced?

Graham Ballantyne

Jan 3, 2018, 11:51:39 PM1/3/18
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
If? Yes, from what I’ve been told. When? No idea.

--
Graham Ballantyne
IT Services

Christopher Bennell

Apr 12, 2018, 8:41:28 AM4/12/18
to Canvas LMS Users
Hiya Instructure, any update on this? Are you still planning to open-source the DocViewer? Thanks!

Lith Clo

Mar 6, 2020, 7:38:24 PM3/6/20
to Canvas LMS Users
Has anyone got ONLYOFFICE or COLLABORA working with Canvas LMS as docviewer?
Those two packages work with nextcloud very nicely.

Lith Clo

Mar 7, 2020, 4:10:47 PM3/7/20
to Canvas LMS Users
How do you hook up Predoc into Canvas LMS? Information is appreciated.

Graham Ballantyne

Mar 9, 2020, 1:46:14 PM3/9/20
to 'Shawn Iverson' via Canvas LMS Users
You'll need to modify the source in a few places to point at your predoc server.

–
Graham Ballantyne
Senior Systems Engineer | IT Services
Simon Fraser University | Strand Hall 1001
8888 University Dr., Burnaby, B.C. V5A 1S6
604-837-6698

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/canvas-lms-users/8cd73790-89a5-4906-a2c6-ac604b407d71%40googlegroups.com.

nicol...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2021, 11:16:38 AM3/30/21
to Canvas LMS Users
Did anybody manage to integrate a document viewer with annotation capabilities (as Instructure Docviewer)?

Stephen Oduor

Nov 24, 2022, 3:59:15 AM11/24/22
to Canvas LMS Users
Hello Graham Ballantyne  ,n thatow  libreoffice had added annotation,
see libreoffice forum how can we incorporate the annotation features