401 on images as a student

jhers...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2022, 10:39:01 AM11/22/22
to Canvas LMS Users
This is a new one, and I can't find anything about it.

(self hosted) Students are complaining that they can't see images on course pages. I can replicate the problem in Student view - images that are visible as a teacher or an admin return a 401 as a student.

As it turns out, the teacher had inserted a link to an image _preview_ instead of properly inserting the image itself. This stopped working with a recent update.

There's no help needed, but I wanted to report it in case someone else runs into it.

--Jorge

jhers...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2022, 12:05:51 PM11/22/22
to Canvas LMS Users
We have been seeing some more breakage related to download and embedding functionality. I think that some of the recent updates are making some stricter choices in the (reasonable) name of security, and it's affecting our users.

Any insight into how to handle this woul