Unable to login after backup & restore of the server image

Anand Srinivasan

Apr 18, 2024, 9:04:23 AMApr 18
to Canvas LMS Users
Hi all,

We tried to backup and restore a VM with Canvas running on it. However, we are completely stuck as login does not work with username and password. SSO, understandably, does not work either. We need to login as admin first to do anything else.

If the credentials are wrong, Invalid username or password appears. So, it's definitely hitting the DB.

However, if the credentials are correct, it simply remains in the login page without moving forward.

How to troubleshoot/rectify this?

What we see in production.log is attached.

Thanking you,
Anand
productionLog.txt