How to enable help link dialog in Open Source Version ?

Irsandi Hasan

Sep 20, 2013, 6:59:54 PM9/20/13
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
howto enable help dialog link in open source version ?
howto add Custom Links to course main menu ?

Christopher Bennell

Sep 24, 2013, 11:02:28 AM9/24/13
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
howto add Custom Links to course main menu ?

If you mean the primary nav on the top of each page, you could use custom javascript to add a link. If you the secondary nav on a course page, use LTI.

Michael Rowe

Sep 25, 2013, 9:10:16 AM9/25/13
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
To get the help link you have to manually add a row to the settings table in the database.

name = "show_feedback_link"
value = "true"

Josh Kraemer

Jul 30, 2014, 7:21:07 PM7/30/14
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
I added this row to the settings table, but the help link still doesn't appear. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Nick Kokkos

Jul 31, 2014, 4:44:04 AM7/31/14
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Did you restart redis + apache/passenger server?

Josh Kraemer

Jul 31, 2014, 10:30:20 AM7/31/14
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
No, I did not. But that worked! Thanks!

Nick Kokkos

Aug 1, 2014, 1:31:03 AM8/1/14
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
I have found by experience that restarting redis server with apache/passenger resolves
many problems relating to UI settings.

Daniel Muimi

Oct 17, 2022, 9:57:44 AM10/17/22
to Canvas LMS Users
The menu appears for a while (about 24 hours) and then disappears again. What could be the problem? Does it mean that I have to keep restarting the server every day?