Facing and Error While Running RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rake canvas:compile_assets

lithin $$pk$$

Nov 25, 2022, 3:53:29 AM11/25/22
to Canvas LMS Users
Hi Team,

I am trying to install the Canvas LMS setup on Ubuntu 18.04 server using the below link

But I am facing an issue when I try to run the below command, getting an error. Please find the attached error screenshot.

Ø  sudo RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rake canvas:compile_assets

Error :

Parallel::UndumpableException: ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid: PG::UndefinedTable: ERROR:  relation "public.brand_configs" does not exist

LINE 1: DELETE FROM "public"."brand_configs" WHERE (NOT EXISTS (SELE...

Canavs-RAIL-Error.png

Andrey Gangan

Nov 26, 2022, 10:01:21 AM11/26/22
to Canvas LMS Users
use COMPILE_ASSETS_BRAND_CONFIGS=0 env variable:
COMPILE_ASSETS_BRAND_CONFIGS=0 RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rake canvas:compile_assets

пятница, 25 ноября 2022 г. в 10:53:29 UTC+2, lithi...@gmail.com:

lithin $$pk$$

Nov 28, 2022, 2:03:20 AM11/28/22
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrey Thanks for the help, That error was fixed but now I am facing another while running the below command. Please find the attached screenshot image
RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rake db:initial_setup
Error -
Thank you for participating!
You can change this feature at any time by running the rake task 'rake db:configure_statistics_collection'
rake aborted!
LoadError: cannot load such file -- lib/ssl_common

--

---

Regards,

Lithin PK

Mob: +91 9995396804

Andrey Gangan

Nov 28, 2022, 2:11:56 AM11/28/22
to Canvas LMS Users
no screenshot

понедельник, 28 ноября 2022 г. в 09:03:20 UTC+2, lithi...@gmail.com:

lithin $$pk$$

Nov 28, 2022, 2:24:01 AM11/28/22
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrey,

Can you help to solve the mentioned issue?

Regards,
Lithin

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Canvas LMS Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/canvas-lms-users/6a1d5956-b97b-4759-bae7-410d864d5445n%40googlegroups.com.

Andrey Gangan

Nov 28, 2022, 2:26:34 AM11/28/22
to Canvas LMS Users
i do not see any attached image

понедельник, 28 ноября 2022 г. в 09:24:01 UTC+2, lithi...@gmail.com:

lithin $$pk$$

Nov 28, 2022, 2:28:21 AM11/28/22
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Please find the attached screenshot image

Canavs_DB error.JPG

Andrey Gangan

Nov 28, 2022, 2:35:55 AM11/28/22
to Canvas LMS Users
i think something is missing
gem or system dependency
check official manuals if all dependencies are installed. I never faced such issue
mey be due to I select option 3

понедельник, 28 ноября 2022 г. в 09:28:21 UTC+2, lithi...@gmail.com:

lithin $$pk$$

Nov 28, 2022, 3:26:31 AM11/28/22
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrey,

Thanks for the help, that error was fixed.

Now I am facing 2 issues

1. The canvas service not starting, the error screenshot will be attached to this mail

2. I launched the course from the canvas console but the course page not loading, getting a page error when I am clicking my course. screenshot attached with this mail.

Can you please help with these 2 issues?

canvas_start error.JPG
Canavs-Course error.JPG

Andrey Gangan

Nov 28, 2022, 3:40:51 AM11/28/22
to Canvas LMS Users
I do not know which steps you missed.
system again can not find file which is definitely there.
did you compile created project as sudo user?
is all permissions and project owner correct?

I whould start from scratch and do all compilation bundle and yarn as canvas user

понедельник, 28 ноября 2022 г. в 10:26:31 UTC+2, lithi...@gmail.com:

lithin $$pk$$

Nov 28, 2022, 4:36:20 AM11/28/22
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrey,

In the GitHub doc, they mentioned running the below common but I got the error after running this command, find the attached file.
sysadmin@appserver:/var/canvas$ sudo gem install bundler --version 2.2.19 --default
sysadmin@appserver:/var/canvas$ bundle _2.2.19_ install --path vendor/bundle
So I ran below command and it didn't throw error.
Ø  sysadmin@appserver:/var/canvas$ sudo gem install bundler
Ø  sysadmin@appserver:/var/canvas$ bundle install --path vendor/bundle

Canavas-Bundler-Error.JPG

Andrey Gangan

Nov 28, 2022, 12:03:09 PM11/28/22
to Canvas LMS Users
according to canvas source code bundler can be any version of 2.2.x
with bundler 2.3.x canvas_init will not start

понедельник, 28 ноября 2022 г. в 11:36:20 UTC+2, lithi...@gmail.com:

lithin $$pk$$

Nov 29, 2022, 1:24:41 AM11/29/22
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have configured it with bundler 2.2x version but still, the course and some pages are not working, getting page errors.

The calendar page is opening before launching the course but after launching a course, the calendar page also not working.

Is any additional configuration required to launch the course?

Please find the attached error message.

Canavs-Course error.JPG

Graham Ballantyne

Nov 29, 2022, 2:04:32 AM11/29/22
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Screenshots don’t tell us anything. You should be seeing errors in your log files and on the /error_reports page.

–
Graham Ballantyne
Senior Systems Engineer | IT Services
Simon Fraser University | Strand Hall 1001
8888 University Dr., Burnaby, B.C. V5A 1S6

lithin $$pk$$

Nov 29, 2022, 2:36:14 AM11/29/22
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have checked logs in /var/log/apache2 canvas error logs but can't see any error logs.

lithin $$pk$$

Nov 29, 2022, 2:51:12 AM11/29/22
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi,