Canvas installation errors

oraganti adithya

Jun 14, 2024, 6:33:13 AMJun 14
to Canvas LMS Users
Hi Team,

I am working on installing canvas 2022-01-19.01 released/tag version, facing database migration errors with Prod databse backup tried some extra tables are creating remove that tables and tried but it not working again it is creating the tabels wich i have deleted.

For that I have trid with new database with that it is not showing any errors but the 200k hitting is not happening it is showing 500 internal server error.

tried to reproduce the with

yarn install
sudo RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rake canvas:compile_assets
RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rake db:initial_setup
sudo /etc/init.d/redis-server restart
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

I haven't find any error.
but with the "npm ls" it showing some errors is these errors reason for my problem.
npm ERR! code ELSPROBLEMS
npm ERR! invalid: @instructure/reac...@2.0.1 /var/canvas/node_modules/@instructure/reactour
npm ERR! extraneous: bundles-generated.js@ /var/canvas/node_modules/bundles-generated.js
npm ERR! extraneous: caching-...@3.0.2 /var/canvas/node_modules/caching-transform
npm ERR! invalid: canvas_offline...@1.2.0 /var/canvas/node_modules/canvas_offline_course_viewer
npm ERR! extraneous: es6-...@4.1.1 /var/canvas/node_modules/es6-error
npm ERR! extraneous: foregrou...@1.5.6 /var/canvas/node_modules/foreground-child
npm ERR! invalid: fullca...@2.4.0 /var/canvas/node_modules/fullcalendar
npm ERR! extraneous: ha...@3.0.0 /var/canvas/node_modules/hasha
npm ERR! invalid: karma-...@4.0.2 /var/canvas/node_modules/karma-webpack
npm ERR! invalid: mediae...@2.23.5 /var/canvas/node_modules/mediaelement
npm ERR! extraneous: merge-so...@1.1.0 /var/canvas/node_modules/merge-source-map
npm ERR! extraneous: packag...@3.0.0 /var/canvas/node_modules/package-hash
npm ERR! extraneous: releas...@1.0.0 /var/canvas/node_modules/release-zalgo
npm ERR! extraneous: spawn...@1.4.3 /var/canvas/node_modules/spawn-wrap
npm ERR! invalid: timezone@npm:@brentburgoyne/time...@1.0.24 /var/canvas/node_modules/timezone
npm ERR! invalid: xss...@0.1.5 /var/canvas/node_modules/xsslint
npm ERR! invalid: i18n...@0.2.6 /var/canvas/node_modules/i18nliner
npm ERR! invalid: scroll-i...@1.7.4 /var/canvas/node_modules/scroll-into-view

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /root/.npm/_logs/2024-06-14T10_26_46_409Z-debug-0.log

tried with the other realesed tag versions in 2022 with that facing bellow error

| Unknown error from PostCSS plugin. Your current PostCSS version is 6.0.23, but postcss-bidirection uses 7.0.39. Perhaps this is the source of theerror below.
 | [transform-themeable]: Could not require CSS file: /var/canvas/node_modules/mathlive/dist/mathlive-fonts.css
 |  TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'nodes')

Using
node -
v16.20.2

npm -v
8.19.4

yarn -v
1.22.22
ruby -v
ruby 2.7.5p203
bundle -v
Bundler version 2.2.17

Regards,
Adithya

Lucifer

Jun 14, 2024, 7:05:53 AMJun 14
to Canvas LMS Users
Try installing node version 18 and re-running your steps from start, or simply follow this link for canvas installation.
https://elearningevolve.com/blog/install-canvas-lms/

oraganti adithya

Jun 18, 2024, 1:14:55 PMJun 18
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com

But in the package.json the Node version mentioned as >14.0 right

--

---