How to understand Reaction Path Diagram?

Wenchao Liu

Sep 12, 2022, 9:07:56 PM9/12/22
to Cantera Users' Group
Hi, everyone!

I am new to Reaction path analysis. I am wondering what the numbers beside those lines in Reaction Path Diagram mean? And what is the "Scale = 5e-5"?

I will be grateful for any help, thanks.
Wenchao.ReactionPathDiagram-2-600x593.png

chandra vadhana

Sep 14, 2022, 4:59:41 AM9/14/22
to canter...@googlegroups.com
Hi
It is the net rate. I.e. Forward - backward rates. The units correspond to the rates of the reaction.

chandra vadhana

Sep 14, 2022, 5:00:32 AM9/14/22
to canter...@googlegroups.com
Also thicker lines indicate dominant routes or higher rates.

chandra vadhana

Sep 14, 2022, 5:03:47 AM9/14/22
to canter...@googlegroups.com
SCALE is the scaling factor. Net rates are normalized with the maximum net flux. Reaction path analysis in cantera is documented.

Wenchao Liu

Sep 14, 2022, 8:16:28 AM9/14/22
to Cantera Users' Group
Hi, Vadhana!

Thanks a lot for your detailed answer. It's much clearer for me right now.

Regards,
Wenchao.