Problem simulating a plug flow reactor with surface chemistry

Torstein Fjermestad

Nov 15, 2021, 11:02:56 AM11/15/21
to Cantera Users' Group
Dear all,

I have used this example from the Cantera web site  https://cantera.org/examples/python/reactors/surf_pfr.py.html and adapted it to my case.
Unfortunately, when I run the code, I receive the following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "DME_pfr_test.py", line 89, in <module>
    sim.reinitialize()
  File "interfaces/cython/cantera/reactor.pyx", line 1079, in cantera._cantera.ReactorNet.reinitialize
cantera._cantera.CanteraError:
CanteraError thrown by Reactor::initialize:
First phase of all kinetics managers must be the gas.

The python script (DME_pfr_test.py) and the Cantera input file (DME.yaml) that produced this error are attached.
Unfortunately, I am not able to understand the error message.
What should I do to make the simulation run without errors?
Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,
Torstein

DME.yaml
DME_pfr_test.py

Bryan Weber

Nov 15, 2021, 11:09:42 AM11/15/21
to Cantera Users' Group
Hi Torstein,

What version of Cantera are you using and how did you install it?

Thanks,
Bryan

Torstein Fjermestad

Nov 15, 2021, 11:51:17 AM11/15/21
to Cantera Users' Group
Hi Bryan,

I am using version 2.5.1 of Cantera.
I installed Cantera on Ubuntu 20.04
I installed the following packages:
cantera-common
cantera-dev
cantera-python3

Regards,
Torstein

Shengming Tang

Dec 9, 2021, 3:16:22 PM12/9/21
to Cantera Users' Group
Hi Torstein,

I have exactly the same error. Have you solved the problem? Or do you know the reason that caused it?

It there any substitution methods to achieve similar simulations?

best regards,
Shengming Tang

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted