H2 Air freely propagating flames at lower than 200K as initial temperature

Kodjo Serge

Mar 18, 2024, 9:25:17 AMMar 18
to Cantera Users' Group
Hello everyone,
I am new here. I have been attempting to calculate H2/Air laminar flame speed using the freely propagating flame function. My initial temperature is lower than 200K and somehow,  I always end up with the same error message : " Could not find a solution for the 1D problem" and multpile failures of time integration. However, setting the initial temperature at 200K solves the issue. However my need is a calculation at an initial temperature lower than 200K.
Has anyone ever came across this? Is there a workaround for this?
Thanks in advance,

Ray Speth

Mar 29, 2024, 1:30:12 PMMar 29
to Cantera Users' Group

Hi,

200 K is the default lower bound set for the temperature in the 1D flame solver. Assuming you’re using the Python interface, you can override this default by writing something like:

f.flame.set_bounds(T=(150, 5000))

where f is a FreeFlame object.

Regards,
Ray

Kodjo Serge

Apr 2, 2024, 4:40:23 AMApr 2
to Cantera Users' Group
Hi,

Indeed, I completely missed it. Makes sense and works perfectly fine. Thank you very much for taking the time.
Regards,

Kodjo