Running Cantera In Debug Mode?

Mo Adib

Sep 15, 2021, 6:11:58 PM9/15/21
to Cantera Users' Group
Is there any way to run code base of Cantera in the debug mode?

I am trying to make some changes to StFlow class. After I complie the code and import the library in Python, I face a generic "dead kernel" error in jupyter notebook. (I raised the issue before in the forum here).

I am looking for a solution to be able to track down the source of error in the Cantera code possibly in a IDE with C++ compiler, but I am not sure if there is a straight forward way to do this.

Bryan Weber

Sep 15, 2021, 7:45:57 PM9/15/21
to Cantera Users' Group
Hi,

It depends on what platform/operating system you're using. Can you let us know?

Thanks,
Bryan

Mo Adib

Sep 16, 2021, 9:47:10 AM9/16/21
to Cantera Users' Group
I previously used Cantera with python interface on Windows, but I recently moved to Ubuntu.
I was able to run a C++ example (flamespeed) in a debug mode in qt creator because I thought in C++ examples the whole library is being complied, but I realized that they uses a bundleded library of catnera (libcantera.a).