Cantera 3.1 installation

Jack

May 30, 2024, 9:59:49 AMMay 30
to Cantera Users' Group

Hi everyone,

I recently came across the latest version of Cantera with plasma solver files and found it to be indispensable for my research. However, I have encountered compilation issues due to missing files in the `ext` folder on GitHub main code downaload. I downloaded the development version from the conda prompt, and the installed version is 3.0.0b1.

Thank you for your time and consideration, and I apologize if this is a silly question. Could you please let me know if version 3.1 will become stable soon?
Best regards.

Ray Speth

Jun 3, 2024, 1:02:45 PMJun 3
to Cantera Users' Group

Hi,

To get the necessary files in the ext folder, you should download the source code using Git by running the git clone command with the --recursive option. Then you should be able to compile the latest development version of Cantera.

Regards,
Ray

Jack

Jun 3, 2024, 2:44:09 PMJun 3
to canter...@googlegroups.com
This is my log. Now I'am able to download it but after scons build this is the error with fmt
ERROR: Expected private installation of fmt library, but it is not configured correctly.

config.log

Ray Speth

Jun 10, 2024, 11:24:46 PMJun 10
to Cantera Users' Group

Hi,

It looks like you’re using Windows but compiling with some version of GCC. Is this intentional? GCC based builds of Cantera on Windows are possible, at least with some versions of MinGW, but are usually a recipe for frustration. I’d recommend installing Visual Studio (Community Edition) if you don’t already have it and using the MSVC compiler included with that. Please check out the latest instructions for setting up a Conda-based build environment (https://cantera.org/dev/develop/compiling/compilation-reqs.html#conda-requirements) if you haven’t seen them already.

If you continue to have issues, the output from the "scons build" command is also important, in addition to the "config.log".

Regards,
Ray