One Dimensional Flame Analysis

John Gordon

Jun 25, 2024, 12:09:20 PM (7 days ago) Jun 25
to Cantera Users' Group
Hi there,

I'm trying to simulate a 1D counterdiffusion flame for pure hydrogen respective hydrogen/methane blends ranging from 5% to 80%.

I have an experimental setup where hydrogen flows through a pipe geometry and through a pin-hole (orifice 0.4mm). The pin hole is simply drilled through from the top and acts as the anchor point for the flame. The surrounding ambient air acts as the oxidizer and I just use a piezo ignitor to initiate the reaction.

As an example, from my experimental setup the highest flow rate set is 0.1g/min (calculated to correspond to a Reynolds Number of approxiamtely 631. I have a flue tube which sits over the flame at a height of 10mm initially and moves up incrementally 5mm up to 25mm. For this example test, the the NOx measured at a flue height of 25mm is approximately 312ppm and the oxygen concentration measured is 8.1%.

I am trying to get similar results using Cantera to back the experimental results up for heights of 10mm, 15mm, and 20mm as I also know what the measured O2% concentration is for these heights.

So far I have tried to simulate the experiment using a counterDiffusionFlame where I am requesting to find the location of the specific O2% concentration and what the NOx is at that location within the flame (for verification) and this should be repeated for the other blend fuels.

I have attached my code. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

John Gordon

Hydrogen_Simulation.py