Modelling H2 flame speed

Michael

Jul 17, 2021, 6:35:19 AM7/17/21
to Cantera Users' Group
Hi all,

Im new to Cantera and i use Cantera v2.5.1 and Python v3.9.
I would like to simulate the laminar flame speed of hydrogen. I am looking for a way to check or validate my calculations. For example, I used the San Diego mechanism and found other values in the literature (doi:10.4271/2021-01-0522). Where can the differences come from? To visualize my results a bit more I plotted the flame speed and the heat release.
u_vs_x_LPF25.0bar.jpgHRR_vs_x_LPF_zoom25.0bar.jpg

Any help is welcome!

Kind regards
Michael
adiabatic_flame.zip

Ray Speth

Jul 22, 2021, 11:01:09 AM7/22/21
to Cantera Users' Group
Hi Michael,

I looked at your script and the results, and I don't see any obvious issues with the simulation - the settings for the solver are all reasonable, and the results are essentially independent of any of the grid-related parameters. Unfortunately, the paper you linked to provides zero information about how they ran their simulations (it doesn't even say what software was used), so its impossible to tell why their result might be different.

Regards,
Ray

Michael

Jul 24, 2021, 12:07:58 PM7/24/21
to Cantera Users' Group
Hi Ray,

thank you very much for your feedback!
I was unsure because I thought the deviations couldn't be that big due to the solver or programme. I found many other sources whose flame velocities I could completely recalculate. So I think my results with Cantera are valid and I implemented several additional graphs to make the calculation a bit more transparent.

Kind regards
Michael