NOx content is showing very high in dilution zone

shaik nagulmeera

May 19, 2024, 11:53:20 AMMay 19
to Cantera Users' Group
here there are 3 PSR's in series first 2(pilot and main) are connected with both air and fuel 3rd psr only connected with air (dilution zone)  while simulating NOx vs Res time NOX content is coming higher in dilution zone. please look into it .
psr-psr-psr.ipynb

Ray Speth

May 27, 2024, 1:00:55 PMMay 27
to Cantera Users' Group
Hi,

I'm not sure what you're describing as the problem. In the steady state, almost all of the NOx is being formed in the"main" zone, and remains present through the secondary/dilution zone. This seems reasonable as the temperature in the main zone is also the highest. The NOx peak around 100 ms is associated with the H-radical "igniter", which is a pretty artificial model. I wouldn't ascribe any importance to the emissions behavior during this transient.

For clarity, I would also point out that what you are plotting is the time history for a single simulation which at steady state has one residence time (or, if you like, residence times for each of the three zones). The time axis in the plots is not showing what would happen if you varied the residence time.

Regards,
Ray