use cantera to calculate laminar flame speed for real gas

Cheng Ye (cheng)

Sep 18, 2022, 9:59:56 AM9/18/22
to Cantera Users' Group
I am a newer using cantera.I want to use cantera to calculate laminar flame speed for real gas(RK EOS).I know that currently cantera can only calculate the laminar flame speed under ideal gas phase.Some corrections must be made in order to calculate the laminar flame speed in the real gas phase(RK EOS or PR EOS).
I followed the discussion on GitHub https://github.com/Cantera/cantera/pull/1079 and corrected my source code accordingly.then use scons build and scons test,passed.
But I'm still having the same problem as before,Unsupported phase type: need 'IdealGasPhase'
In fact, I have fixed the source code, but the previous error still appears, which was determined by the code before the correct.Am I missing something here?error.png
code.png

Steven DeCaluwe

Sep 18, 2022, 11:32:43 PM9/18/22
to Cantera Users' Group
Hi Cheng,

Given that you are getting an error code that is no longer in your edited source code, it looks as though your changes have not been implemented.

Some possible thoughts, as to why:
1. You mention building and testing, but not running scons install. If you have truly skipped this, you might try running that first.
2. Are you perhaps coupling inside a virtual environment (via condo, for example), but not running from within this environment?
3. A good first step, regardless, would be to write some test coverage of your new lines.  That way running icons test would provide an initial verification that your fix worked.  If the test passes but your code still hits an error, that might give us some clues.

Best,
Steven

——————————————————
Steven C. DeCaluwe, Ph.D | Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
COLORADOSCHOOLOFMINES
Brown Building W410B
Golden, CO 80401

Twitter: @CORESresearch
He / Him / His

In fact, I have fixed the source code, but the previous error still appears, which was determined by the code before the correct.Am I missing something here?<error.png>
<code.png>

<error.png><code.png>

Cheng Ye (cheng)

Sep 19, 2022, 3:53:16 AM9/19/22
to Cantera Users' Group
I followed the first suggestion and cantera recognized real gas EOS after using scons install.Thanks!!