Paper published - Frogs in trees in Gabon

Edmund Basham

Jul 5, 2024, 11:28:39 AMJul 5
to Canopy Science Community Forum
Dear all,

Myself and other co-authors including Aki recently published in Biotropica the results from fieldwork in Gabon 2022.

We found a wonderful diversity of frogs that occupied various vertical niches from ground to canopy.

Interestingly, of the morphological traits measured. it was the ratio between toe disc width and SVL (body length) that was the best predictor for vertical height across species.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I can't seem to send the message here if I include the pdf attached, so here is a link to the article online.
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/btp.13349

If you can't access, here is a link to researchgate where you can request the PDF direct from me. Or just respond here if interested.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/381276276_Vertical_niche_and_trait_associations_in_Central_African_amphibians

Best,
Edmund