The 8th Canopy Conference in 2023

Akihiro Nakamura

Sep 4, 2022, 11:54:48 PM9/4/22
to Canopy Science Community Forum
Dear all forum members,

My apology that I made many typos in my last email...
Just to reiterate, the conference has now been postponed until the next year 2023, and is likely to be from the 17th Oct (Tuesday) to the 20th Oct (Friday) 2023.

Some of the members gave me good suggestions and ideas for the conference - thank you!

I have put together these suggestions and made a tentative schedule as follows:

Pre-conference visit to Bubeng 20 ha ForestGEO (CTFS) and the canopy crane in a monsoonal tropical forest

Day1: Opening ceremony and scientific sessions

Day 2: Open day and garden tour.
Day 2 Activity 1: Canopy ecology workshop for MSc and PhD students
Day 2 Activity 2: Canopy film festival and photo/painting competition
Day 2 Activity 3:  Public seminar

Day 3 Scientific sessions and poster presentations

Day 4 Scientific sessions (am) and workshop on global-level questions (producing new projects and/or working on existing projects)

Post-conference tree climbing course

Plenary talks will be given at the start of each scientific session.

I very much appreciate more comments and suggestions for the conference. Let's make this conference fun and fruitful together!

Best
Aki