Invitation to the 8th International Conference (1st official announcement)

Akihiro Nakamura

Feb 22, 2023, 2:07:41 AM2/22/23
to Canopy Science Community Forum
Dear all Canopy Science Community Members,

I am pleased to announce the 8th International Canopy Conference held at Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden, Chinese Academy of Sciences (Xishuangbanna, Yunnan, China) from the 15th to the 19th of October 2023 (please also find attached the draft information flyer). As you may know, this conference was initially planned for October 2020 but was postponed several times due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the strict border control by China. China is now more or less fully open to foreign visitors, and we can organize this conference in a rather traditional way (no more Zoom!).

I cordially invite you all to take this opportunity to travel to one of the most biodiverse areas in China, meet canopy people from around the world, visit one of the taller canopy cranes established in a monsoonal tropical forest, and enjoy the natural and cultural diversity of this region.

I am currently making the website for online registration and abstract submission. I will keep you updated as we have more information (excursion, tree climbing etc.).

Please find attached the conference flyer to share with your network and draft conference information in English and Chinese.

I very much welcome any suggestions and comments!

I am excited about the non-online conference (at last!) and looking forward to seeing you all here in person!

Best

Aki

第八届国际林冠会议第一轮通知2023.pdf
Canopy Conference 2023 1st Announcement 22Feb2023.pdf
Canopy Conference 2023 flyer.pdf