The 8th Canopy Conference. Personal information and Visa application

Akihiro Nakamura

Jul 2, 2023, 10:35:37 PM7/2/23
to Canopy Science Community Forum
Dear all Canopy Science Forum Members,
I have realized that some of you have difficulties accessing the conference website due to security reasons. It is a common problem when you are accessing a Chinese website from outside mainland China.

As some people are concerned about providing personal information to the system, I have decided to deal with individual cases personally (assuming that I will have to deal with less than 100 international participants).

If you have decided to attend the conference and are concerned about your personal information, could you please email me at my Gmail account (canop...@gmail.com) so that I will handle your personal information without accessing the official website. I will provide the invitation letter and other relevant documents for you to apply for the visa.  Registration fees will be paid on-site, so you do not need any financial commitment at this stage (but cancellation of your attendance will hurt me financially so please make sure you are committed to attending the conference once you provide your information to attend).

For those who have registered using the official website, I will make sure that your personal information is dealt with appropriately and will provide the invitation letter and other relevant documents within a couple of weeks.

Best regards
Aki

Novotný Vojtěch

Jul 2, 2023, 11:58:13 PM7/2/23
to Akihiro Nakamura, Canopy Science Community Forum

Dear Aki,

good to hear from you, I would be grateful for a guidance and cocuments needed for visa. Could you confirm you will be able to cover my travel (from Europe)? What canopy conference site you are talking about - I was only able to find the XTBG one http://english.xtbg.cas.cn/ns/ue/201912/t20191223_228208.html

where I do not not see any registration options.

Best regards,

Vojtech

Vojtech Novotny

Director, Institute of Entomology at the Biology Centre, Czech Academy of Sciences, Research Director, New Guinea Binatang Research Center, Professor of Ecology, Zoology Department, University of South Bohemia

Email nov...@entu.cas.cz Web https://www.entu.cas.cz/en/staff/profile/385-vojtechnovotny/

Novotný Vojtěch

Jul 2, 2023, 11:59:58 PM7/2/23
to Canopy Science Community Forum

Apologies for spamming the forum, the email was fir Aki only.

Akihiro Nakamura

Jul 14, 2023, 5:38:20 AM7/14/23
to Canopy Science Community Forum
Dear all Canopy Science Forum Members,
I am currently making invitation letters and other relevant documents to apply for those who registered for the conference and requiring Chinese visas.
If you are interested to attend the conference, please register your details at

I am happy to deal with individual needs so you can also email me at canop...@gmail.com if you have any questions etc.

Also the deadline for symposium proposal is on the 20th July. Please email me at canop...@gmail.com if you would like to organise a symposium in this conference!

Best
Aki