Gabon rainforest canopy-frog project: update, information, and fundraiser

Edmund Basham

Apr 20, 2022, 4:57:07 AM4/20/22
to Canopy Science Community Forum
Dear all,

You may remember an email from me describing my wish to survey forest canopies for frogs in Gabon.

I am forging ahead with this project in a few ways. I have applied for post-docs and grants, but I am still waiting  for these to come through, by which time it would be too late to sample this year.

Thus, feeling a climate change related urgency to get into the forest as soon as possible, I have decided to self-fund and fundraise to make it happen (though still hopeful for external funding).

Here is a link to my project page where there's a short video and a breakdown of project details. + a direct video link

I can't think of a better group of people to send this to, I hope you will help a fellow tarzan type adventurer by giving the video a watch, the page a share to colleagues or on social media (twitter, facebook, instagram etc), or even a donation.

I'll be heading to Gabon in June, the wheels are in motion!
All the best,
Edmund