Download Iphone Text Messages To Pc

Harriet Wehrenberg

Apr 18, 2024, 3:34:25 PMApr 18
to candbegymto

I have had my iPhone for a year. It is my first iPhone ever. I have used Samsung before that for many years and Samsung allows you to schedule your text messages right in the text messaging app with no additional steps. For such an advanced phone, you would think that Apple would be able to fix this.

download iphone text messages to pc

Download Ziphttps://t.co/0WrSKCPsNp

Created a username for comments just for this thread because it made me incredibly angry lol. The fact that android users have been able to do this for YEARS and we don't have it is incomprehensible. Have been wanting a delayed text feature for YEARS. Has so many applicable use cases.

This is one of the biggest reasons I would never go back to iphone. I found this thread because I was trying to find a way to keep my mom from texting me at 6:00 a.m. I live in a different time zone than many of my friends and family, and I'm always wanting to text them during hours of the day when they're probably sleeping. The ability to quickly send a text at a later time is so convenient and essential. I can't believe Apple hasn't implemented something so simple.

I switched from my iphone 13 pro with iOS 17 (no problems with the upgrade) and now I've lost a bunch of features. This post is about typing a long enough text message so the beginning is hidden at the top. I can scroll to read the whole thing but I can't edit at the beginning. I push/hold on the message (or spacebar) and drag to the cursor to where I want it. I let go and it pops back down to a different part of the message. I don't need it often but it's something that Apple should be aware of if it's happening to others.

I, too, am going crazy trying to edit long text messages ever since updating to iOS 17. It seems that you can only edit text that fits into the initial text message block. Once there is a need to scroll higher, you are out of luck and cannot edit the text that lurks above the block. I tried all of the suggested fixes, but they do not help. I was glad to discover that I am not the only experiencing this problem, but I really hope that Apple addresses this bug asap.

I have done the recommended fixes in this forum to no avail. This morning, I installed the iOS 17.1.1 update and was only able to get it to work once, and only after repeated tries. Will submit a fix request to Apple suggested above. I hope they get this fixed soon. I have used notes to created text for a message but this should not be necessary. iMessage worked fine until iOS 17 update. It is a royal pain!

It sounds like you're experiencing a text editing issue on your new iPhone 15 Pro Max with iOS 17 when trying to edit a long text message. This could be a bug or an issue with the new iOS version. To address this problem, you can try the following steps:

I have, for years, recommended using Notes if you're going to compose long messages. Text messaging apps just aren't designed for doing that. The are designed for short messages and tend to give unexpected results when used for longer one. This is especially true if you think you may need to switch to another app in the middle of writing. You may find the message is gone when you switch back to Messages (has to do with memory management). Once you've created the message, it's very easy to send it to the Messages app using the share icon (square with an arrow coming out of the top).

I am having same issues with cursor in text messages on my iPhone 13 Pro Max iOS 17.1 and have problems using the microphone as well as sometimes it doesn't work. I did not have these problems before installing iOS 17.

You can use the Messages app to send text messages, images, and much more. You can reply within a conversation or to specific comments in a thread. You can even use Siri to listen and respond to your messages.

In this guide, we'll show you several tips and tricks, like pinned conversations and sending money via text, that can help you unlock the full potential of iMessage. Here's what you need to know.

I can't tell you how many times I've been asked why some messages are showing up on a Mac or iPad, but not an iPhone -- or the other way around. Luckily, it's an easy fix: Don't use your email address(es), use only your phone number in the Send & Receive section of Message's Settings.

The rest of the settings determine things like if read receipts are for on every iMessage conversation, whether or not you want text messages (those green bubbles) forwarded to your other Apple devices or kept on your iPhone, how long you want to keep messages on your device, and so on. Take a few minutes, go through each option, and decide how you want Messages to behave.

Having a constant backup of your iMessage conversations that syncs across all of your Apple devices is another one of my favorite benefits of Apple's messaging platform. Apple uses iCloud to back up and sync your Messages conversations (that includes text messages, too).

It's easy enough to send and receive messages in the Messages app, and telling apart iMessages from text messages is easy as well -- if the messages you send are green, it's a text message. If the bubble is blue, you're talking to a fellow iMessage user.

You can also pin a conversation to the top of the Message page. All you need to do is press down on a conversation and then select Pin. The pinned conversation's contact photo will now appear above all the other messages.

Also, make sure you take advantage of the search feature, as well. You can search the Messages app for photos, links, documents, locations, collaborations and text within a conversation. Just open the Messages app and tap on the search bar at the top.

Did you know you can add light-hearted animations and fun stickers to your messages? It's true. Another fun tool to use is the emoji converter. After typing your message you tap on your keyboard's Emoji button and iOS will automatically find words that can be turned into emoji. It's pretty cool and an easy way to use emoji without having to scroll through all of them.

One of my favorite features of iMessage is the ability to disable read receipts for everyone who messages me, yet turn them on for specific contacts. For me, that means I have read receipts off 99 percent of the time, with the lone exception being my wife and kids, so they know I've seen any important messages.

The same option could be used in reverse, using it to turn off read receipts for a specific contact if you prefer to leave read receipts on for everyone. Meaning, you can disable read receipts for the person who constantly messages you and asks why you left them on read while leaving read receipts on for everyone else.

I am having the same problem. I am messaging my girlfriend and imessages are getting mixed up between her and her son's phones. They are sharing the same itunes account, but on imessage they only have their individual phone numbers accepting the imessages.I havent found a work around for this. Were yall able to resolve the issue?

This only worked momentarily for me. It started to happen again a few texts after the deleting of the thread. And yes - same problem with me I had to delete multiple years of awesome texting with my family.

Shared with You works across the system to find the articles, music, TV shows, photos, and more that are shared in Messages conversations, and conveniently surfaces them in apps like Photos, Safari, Apple News, Apple Music, and Apple Podcasts, making it easy to quickly access the information in context. Apple does not have access to marked content without your permission. You can disable Shared with You at any time on your iOS or iPadOS device by going to Settings > Messages > Shared with You, then tapping to turn off Shared with You. On your visionOS device, go to Settings > Apps > Messages > Shared with You, then tap to turn off Shared with You. On Mac, go to Messages > Settings > Shared with You. You can also control whether each app participates in Shared with You by tapping or selecting it in the Shared with You section.

You can export your text messages from your iPhone into a document to save them for later reference. While you cannot directly save text messages as PDF files using your iPhone, you can convert them to PDF by opening Messages on your Mac and exporting them from there.

While setting up the Phone Link, you'll be prompted to enable access to your Android device's messages, but if you choose not to do so at that point, you can always turn it on later in the Phone Link settings.

If SYNC never displayed the text message alert or was unable to read the text message aloud, then you may need to restore your iPhone to its factory settings and try these instructions again.

3a7c801d34