Please help me about test case 5

Pallavi Salunkhe

Aug 26, 2016, 6:23:31 AM8/26/16
to Cancer Reg Testing Tool
Hi Milton,
I have two concern about Transmission to cancer registries - f4, Please help me by finding the answers of these concerns.

1) There are 5 test cases, in test case 5' Test_Case_5_Non-reportable'
On website we got following information for test case 5

"Test Case 5 – Negative Test
Test_Case_5_Non-reportable is designed to ensure that only reportable cancer diagnoses are reported to the registry. Therefore, to run this test case, the tester should ensure that a cancer report is NOT submitted to the CRV. However, the test data must still be entered into the EHR system. The decision on whether or not to report the cancer diagnosis to the registry is based on the inclusion of a diagnosis from one of three reportability lists. Those lists are defined as BR 02 on page 21 of Volume 1 of the Cancer Reporting IG. In order for a report be sent to a registry, in the Problem Section template of a report(<templateId root="2.16.840.1.113883.10.13.21" extension="2014-08-08"/>), one of the observation values must be from one of the reportability lists. On a more technical level, one of the results of the following XPath statement must be from one of the reportability lists."

=> we understood that according to business rule 2, if problem value code is not present in  'reportability lists' then we could not create cancer event report.
We checked 'reportability lists' which is available in 'ICD-9', 'ICD-10' and 'SNOMED CT'.
Purpose of test case 5 is  we should enter data in the EHR ,but  cancer event report should not be generated.

 In available test data, we could see test case 5 problem value which is present in 'reportability lists', and according to rule, this file will be generated for the given example.
Following are code present in test case 5 problem test data,

92318000 Benign neoplasm of rectum
D12.8 Benign neoplasm of rectum
211.4 Benign neoplasm; rectum and anal canal

these codes come under 'reportability lists', So test case 5 is conflicting here, then how can we handle test case 5 purpose?

2) In test data there are many elements which we got multiple codes and said 'use one of these'.
Please see below screenshot,
Inline image 1
In the screenshot, I have highlighted the part which I have concerns about, Multiple category of codes or values have provided and said use one of these, so I have used  'SNOMED CT' category.
Is it necessary to provide all options (category options) to choose any one of these category (for code ) at the time of entering data through the user interface or  can I use codes codes by using default  category (i used SNOMED CT )  from  these codes?

This decision of choosing category is taken by whom, following are the options,
option 1 : Provide only one category, and choose codes from this category.
option 2: There must be an option to choose category first and as per category ,choose code.

Blumenthal, Wendy J. (CDC/ONDIEH/NCCDPHP)

Aug 26, 2016, 2:25:43 PM8/26/16
to cancer-reg-...@googlegroups.com

1)      I just confirmed that the 3 problem codes identified in this test case 92318000, D12.8, 211.4, are NOT in the Cancer Reportability lists. My guess is that you are looking at the wrong value sets for each of these lists, maybe the problem value sets instead of the reportability lists. As indicated in the instructions, links to the 3 reportability lists are found in Volume I of the IG, and I’ve provided the links here as well for your easy reference:

Reportability Lists:

1. ICD-9-CM

2. ICD-10-CM

3. SNOMED CT

2)      I’m not entirely sure I understand your question, in particular I’m not sure what you mean by “category” in this context. But I believe you are asking if, when multiple code systems or value sets are identified for a single element in the specification (and therefore in the test data, as in your image below), does this mean that the EHR must provide all of the possible display names from these different code systems in the User Interface? So, if I understand the question correctly, the answer is that the option of selecting from one of several code systems/value sets is to give the EHR system flexibility in the vocabulary that it uses. It is not necessary to give the users different options in the user interface; the key is that the concepts (display names) you give users are correctly mapped to whichever vocabulary you decide to use for that data element.

Thank you,

Wendy Blumenthal, MPH

Health Scientist

Cancer Surveillance Branch (CSB)

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)

Phone: 770-488-1131

Fax: 770-488-4759

Email: wblum...@cdc.gov

dkus...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2019, 8:51:29 AM8/26/19
to Cancer Reg Testing Tool
Hi Wendy Blumenthal,

I am working on the Cancer registry Test Case 5 – Negative Test which is mentioned in this conversation. But while i am searching for the Reportability Lists in the mentioned links, they are not serviceable at this moment. Can you please share other links for that reportable lists.

Thank you

Blumenthal, Wendy J. (CDC/DDNID/NCCDPHP/DCPC)

Aug 26, 2019, 9:54:30 AM8/26/19
to cancer-reg-...@googlegroups.com

Please try again; it is now up and running for me.

Thanks,

Wendy

Wendy Blumenthal, MPH

Health Scientist

Cancer Surveillance Branch (CSB)

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)

Phone: 770-488-1131

Fax: 770-488-4759

Email: wblum...@cdc.gov

NPCR evergreen-signature-sized