Web Service Resources

Dominik Grabiec

Jun 20, 2012, 5:09:17 AM6/20/12
to canber...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

Last night I asked people about advice for implementing web services
using Rails (or Ruby & other) and a lot of people chimed in with many
links and things to digest. Far too much for me to remember. So I ask
people here to reply with the resources so we may have a nice reference
for future use.

Thanks,
Dominik

Matthew Savage

Jun 20, 2012, 11:54:48 PM6/20/12
to canber...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dominik,

In terms of writing an API Backend there are a few options I know of which have recently surfaced:
There were other things mentioned but I'll let the other guys chime in.

//M.

Tim Riley

Jun 21, 2012, 1:40:12 AM6/21/12
to canber...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, 21 June 2012 at 1:54 PM, Matthew Savage wrote:
Hi Dominik,

In terms of writing an API Backend there are a few options I know of which have recently surfaced:
And the post where I talked about composing the JSON in the view templates is here: http://icelab.com.au/articles/decaf-sucks-launch-countdown-getting-to-work/
There were other things mentioned but I'll let the other guys chime in.
What I recommend you do is watch Yehuda's talk from RailsConf: “Rails: The Next Five Years.” http://www.confreaks.com/videos/907-railsconf2012-rails-the-next-five-years

He talks broadly about what we're currently doing wrong when we build APIs, and how we could fix it. He's also got working code you can use, in active_model_serializers: https://github.com/josevalim/active_model_serializers

Tim