Upcoming Meeting - June

Matthew Savage

May 31, 2012, 3:06:29 AM5/31/12
to canber...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to quickly let you all know that Hugh Evans and I have been working on re-organizing everything in order to get the CRC meetings going again - since Tim has now flown the coup to the Philippines its somewhat difficult for him to help with organizing the regular meetings so we're working on a more local effort.

Currently we are finalizing the venue (likely to be the Duxton in O'Connor) and time times etc, but what I can tell you right now is we are looking for something next month (June).

If anyone has a talk or presentation they would like to give, or something they would like to share please let me or Hugh know and we'll arrange to slot you in.

Thanks,
Matthew

Tim Riley

May 31, 2012, 3:40:09 AM5/31/12
to canber...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for taking up the mantle of running CRC, Hugh and Matthew! Now that I'm off the hook, I can safely return to Canberra :)

I'm actually returning from the Philippines on the 17th June. If the meeting is after that, I'll happily give a talk: an introduction to RubyMotion.

Cheers,

Tim

Greg Clarke

May 31, 2012, 3:29:53 AM5/31/12
to canber...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matthew

I've got a taxonomic editor application I've been working on at the
Botanic Gardens that I'd like to get some friendly expert feedback on,
if you're interested.

regards

Greg Clarke

Matthew Savage

Jun 7, 2012, 7:28:40 PM6/7/12
to canber...@googlegroups.com
Hey Greg,

Sorry for the delay, I've been run off my feet taking over the world. You're more then welcome to bring your laptop or github account along, there will be numerous experts (I'm talking about Hugh and Tim here...) who could probably spare some time to have a look, talk shop etc, and if they are too busy I can probably lend a hand.

Extra points if you don't bring a Windows laptop :)

//M.

Matthew Savage

Jun 7, 2012, 7:30:41 PM6/7/12
to canber...@googlegroups.com
Hey Tim, I know we have big shoes to fill, but I can promise you that I'll probably hound you for secrets to getting this beast running smoothly the minute you set foot back in Canberra :)

At the moment we are looking at the 3rd Tuesday, bi-monthly, starting this month on the 19th (venue pending) - if you can give your talk that would be great!

We'll discuss more off group.

Thanks,
Matthew