Roof restorers

Vince Bagusauskas

Aug 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/9/00
Has anyone heard about a well know Canberran roof restoration company doing
a bit of blowing?

Last week in the evening whilst I was indisposed (OK I was on the bog) my
mother for whom English is not her first language, got a phone call from
someone who she said she could not understand since they were talking so
fast. I told her to tell them to phone back in half an hour. They never
did.

Last night I get a phone call from a lady to say they were confirming the
roof inspection appointment for today. In a firm manner I suggested they
had made a mistake.

I just wonder given all the roof restoration signs I have seen around
Canberra how many other people have been "convinced" that their roofs need
fixing?

--
Spam bot protected. Resistance is futile.

vytis

Aug 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/9/00
"Ferg" <fergu...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Ant <an...@geocities.com> wrote in message
>
>> Solution? Get a tin roof! Sounds great when it rains, too
>(not so crash
>> hot in hail, however).
>
>I couldn't agree more. There is nothing quite so beguiling
>as the sound of rain drumming on your tin roof as you sit
>back in front of the fire with a nice warm brandy in your
>hand.
>
>Unfortunately, I don't think tin rooves are allowed by PALM.

Yes they are to a point in residential areas.

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

Ant

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00
I remember seeing something about this on a current affairs show.

Tell you what, get onto Robert Macklin at teh Canberra Times, he likes to
go on crusades like this.

ant

Vince Bagusauskas <vbagusau.re...@pcug.org.au> wrote in message

Steve Marshall

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00
vytis.remo...@hotmail.com (Vince Bagusauskas) wrote in
<3991...@newshost.pcug.org.au>:

>Has anyone heard about a well know Canberran roof restoration company
>doing a bit of blowing?
>
>Last week in the evening whilst I was indisposed (OK I was on the bog)
>my mother for whom English is not her first language, got a phone call
>from someone who she said she could not understand since they were
>talking so fast. I told her to tell them to phone back in half an hour.
> They never did.
>
>Last night I get a phone call from a lady to say they were confirming
>the roof inspection appointment for today. In a firm manner I suggested
>they had made a mistake.
>
>I just wonder given all the roof restoration signs I have seen around
>Canberra how many other people have been "convinced" that their roofs
>need fixing?
>
>--
>Spam bot protected. Resistance is futile.

It's a scam anyway. The paint peels off much faster than you would hope.
Especially if your unlucky enough to get someone on a day they don't
feel like doing a thorough cleaning job before they paint. Your better
off in the long run saving up for new tiles.

Or you could just give up on waisting money trying to make you house look
good when no one looks at the roof unless you have a sign out the front
that says "Look at this roof! Isn't it pretty?"

If anyone is out there considering painting their roof, I suggest that
you give me the money instead and I will come up with something that will
provide you as much pleasure......

A night watching Ten Capital.

RodH

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00
I work with roof trusses, and on one occasion we had to measure a roof pitch
to match the new trusses up. Anyway the normal way we get into the roof is
to pull the tiles back to get in to get a rise and run dimensions, this is
never a problem, but the roof that had the restoration done was a different
story. We went to pull back the tiles, and the stuff they use stuck so well
that it was trying to tear a thin layer off the concrete tile.
just my experience with them.

Rod

"Steve Marshall" <removethis_s...@mac.com> wrote in message

re-verse

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00
Canberra Roof Restorations have called me at least 4 times this year, each
time I've explained that a)i rent, dont call again b) im not interested dont
call again c) dont call again.
Last phone call, i made it pretty _damn_ clear that I was not interested and
considering its a rental property even if i was, it wouldnt matter. Although
this doesnt seem to stop them from continually calling me. Whats a real
shme, is that I know plenty of other people who do get these calls too, and
repeatidly.

-tomic

RodH <rherber...@interact.net.au> wrote in message

Ant

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00
Solution? Get a tin roof! Sounds great when it rains, too (not so crash
hot in hail, however).

ant

re-verse <tomm...@dingoblue.nospam.net.au> wrote in message

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00

Steve Marshall <removethis_s...@mac.com> wrote in message

> Or you could just give up on waisting money trying to make you house look
> good when no one looks at the roof unless you have a sign out the front
> that says "Look at this roof! Isn't it pretty?"

If you leave the sign there, they'll pay you $30 - $40 a weeks for the
privilege.

Sundance

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00
Well there's nothing wrong with a bit of shameless advertising :)

If anyone out there does realise that their roof needs some repairs - that
is its leaking or you have cracked tiles or all of your ridge capping is
coming loose then you can give my old man a call. He's been a roof tiler in
the Canberra region for over 35 years, he's reliable, is one of if not the
best in Canberra and won't rip you off. He's not to keen on this whole roof
painting thing either.

So if you need a quote you can email him on marty...@interact.net.au (you
know what to remove) or call him (George) on 0418 413 150

Thanks all :)

Marty

Ferg

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00

> Solution? Get a tin roof! Sounds great when it rains, too

(not so crash
> hot in hail, however).

I couldn't agree more. There is nothing quite so beguiling

RodH

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00
I design roof trusses every day for iron roofs, so they must be ok by PALM.
Some areas might be a problem, like the "Yarralumla of Gungahlin"

"Ferg" <fergu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Sue Cooper

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00

>>> Solution? Get a tin roof! Sounds great when it rains, too
>>(not so crash>>> hot in hail, however).

Ppl told me I would get sick to death of the rain and/or hail on the
roof..nope..
Still love it! Sitting in front of the open fireplace......with a fantastic
much-envied view out of our lounge room windows of the sky....perfect in an
electrical storm!! Mmmmmm....yummy

Trent McDon

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00
My Mother-In-Law, convinced by one of these firms that she needed over 3
grands worth of work,
was all ready to pay them when we got a roof tiler in to take a look. He
found $200 dollars worth of work.
And even he would have made a profit, so what must the roof restorers be
making out of the $3000.

Trent

James Ashton

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
In article <4Lqk5.131$YC2....@news0.optus.net.au>, "Ferg"
<fergu...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ant <an...@geocities.com> wrote in message
>

> I couldn't agree more. There is nothing quite so beguiling
> as the sound of rain drumming on your tin roof as you sit
> back in front of the fire with a nice warm brandy in your
> hand.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't think tin rooves are allowed by PALM.

It depends what you mean by `Tin Roof'. Colourbond steel is just as
acceptable as tiles and I believe even a little more expensive than the
cheapest tiles. Plain corrugated iron on the other hand is probably out.
Whatever you choose, you can't have very light or reflective surfaces,
especially in an orientation that will reflect sunlight on to neighbouring
dwellings.

The only correct plural of `roof' is `roofs'.
--
James Ashton VK1XJA System Administrator
http://wwwsyseng.anu.edu.au/~jaa Department of Systems Engineering

Ferg

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00

> I design roof trusses every day for iron roofs, so they
must be ok by PALM.
> Some areas might be a problem, like the "Yarralumla of
Gungahlin"

Yeah, that's where I was thinking of.

The new developments in Jerrabomberra may also have
restrictions on tin rooves, too.

pm

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
Not so good in the hail? They may be noisy but I bet a few thousand people
in Sydney wished they had a tin roof a while back. Takes a bloody big hail
stone to punch a hole through a tin roof! May get dented, but will still be
replaced by insurance. Just doesn't leak like a tile roof in the hail!

"Ant" <an...@geocities.com> wrote in message news:39921bd1@info-int...

> Solution? Get a tin roof! Sounds great when it rains, too (not so crash
> hot in hail, however).

RodH

Aug 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/12/00
The use of colourbond in Jerra is quite ok, and even though most of the new
homes have tiles, there is still the odd sheet roof built in Jerra.

Rod

Ferg <fergu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

epdmr...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2014, 7:58:11 AM2/27/14
Roof restoration is not so difficult if you have some knowledge about the roofing product like RV Rubber Roof Repair (http://www.epdmcoatings.com/rv-roof-repair.html). This roof coatings helps you to repair the roof leaks and damages.