ARF: need Your Help with Regressive QBN Council "Kill" Policy

瀏覽次數:1 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

karen h

未讀,
2002年5月14日 清晨6:55:402002/5/14
收件者:
We need Your Help on this Please!

The Queanbeyan Pound has been told from the powers that be that the NO KILL
policy is "not allowed" and all dogs are strictly 7 days. Any dogs that are
over 7 days will be put down on Thursday.

There are so many with there number up on Thursday. The list is:

1 x Kelpie X female 10 weeks (in poor condition) (sister to Jack)
1 x Crossbred Tan and White male pup (mature medium sized) 16 weeks
1 x Chihuahua female 5 mths
1 x Black with brindle markings Staffy X Female 4 mths (LOVELY LOVELY little
girl, extremely submissive)
1 x BP Black and Tan Xbred male 7 mths
1 x Cass Brindle and white bully X 2yrs
1 x ALF Black and Tan shepherd X 3-5yrs
1 x Red Staffy 2-3 years male
1 x Shepherd X black and tan female 18ths
1 x Black and fawn male kelpie 2 yrs

To add to the council's cold-heartedness there will no longer be an email
list letting people know about the dogs at the pound, however there will
eventually be a website on the official council web page.

The microchipping days have also been cancelled.

PLEASE contact Queanbeyan Council and complain about this decision. The
Council phone number is 6298 0211. The address is PO Box 90, Queanbeyan NSW
2620. The email address is in...@qcc.nsw.gov.au

If you want to address your complaints to individual councillors, they are:

Mayor Frank Pangallo (02) 6297 9362 (02) 6298 0157

Bernie Baz (02) 6297 5249
Michael Hardgrave 0402 001 821
Sue Jarvis (02) 6299 8326
Tom Mavec (02) 6284 4182
Ann Rocca (02) 6297 6237
Steve Taskovski (02) 6297 3483
Sue Whelan (02) 6297 5063
Kerry White (02) 6297 9993
John Wright (02) 6297 8031

ant

未讀,
2002年5月14日 上午8:06:462002/5/14
收件者:
How do you get dogs from this mob? (we have a tribe of chihuahuas).

ant

"karen h" <karenNOSPA...@feral.cc> wrote in message

karen h

未讀,
2002年5月14日 上午8:28:572002/5/14
收件者:
You can get the dogs straight from the QBN Pound which is located behind the
new spotlight centre. The baby Chi might fit in with your lot Ant? or do you
know someone?

Alternatively we - ACT Rescue and Foster - rescue dogs from both pounds and
foster them, so that they aren't put down. We then try and find them good
permanent forever-homes to go to.

We do our very best to save them - but this legislation or whatever it is,
is a mighty huge kick in the face.

karen.

"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of
friends" - Alexander Pope

ARF! ACT Rescue and Foster http://www.fosterdogs.org/
Domestic Animal Services http://www.domesticanimals.act.gov.au/
QBN Pound http://www.alphalink.com.au/~annj/queanbeyan/
Aussie Pooch Mobile Central Canberra - website coming soon (I hope!)

ant <a...@iwantedthelongestdomainnameintheworldandthisisaprettygoodone.com>
wrote in message news:AY6E8.396$C4.3...@ozemail.com.au...

ant

未讀,
2002年5月14日 晚上11:27:282002/5/14
收件者:

> You can get the dogs straight from the QBN Pound which is located behind
the
> new spotlight centre. The baby Chi might fit in with your lot Ant? or do
you
> know someone?

i rang them this morning, and someone had taken her. and they took my name
and number as a chihuahua person, if they ever have one on death row again.
The girl was actually really helpful and on the ball. good to know where
they are, too, I go past there all the time.

> Alternatively we - ACT Rescue and Foster - rescue dogs from both pounds
and
> foster them, so that they aren't put down. We then try and find them good
> permanent forever-homes to go to.

what is the deal with the Pound? I know to get a dog out of the RSPCA you
are paying 100 bucks or so for desexing and stuff. what's the story with the
pounds?

ant

karen h

未讀,
2002年5月15日 上午9:09:382002/5/15
收件者:
Good on ya for going after that Chi Ant!!! I too have previously found the
staff at the QBN Pound to be extremely helpful and compassionate.

At the QBN Pound you pay about $65-70 for your dog which includes
microchipping and worming and also I think discounts on desexing through a
number of QBN Vets.
At the Canberra Pound I've gotten my dogs for about $30 (usually $35) which
covers just the registration - Thanks to the Canberra Pound if you foster
it's different again.

Cheers
karen.

ARF! ACT Rescue and Foster http://www.fosterdogs.org/
Domestic Animal Services http://www.domesticanimals.act.gov.au/
QBN Pound http://www.alphalink.com.au/~annj/queanbeyan/
Aussie Pooch Mobile Central Canberra - website coming soon (I hope!)

ant <a...@iwantedthelongestdomainnameintheworldandthisisaprettygoodone.com>
wrote in message news:HrkE8.603$C4.4...@ozemail.com.au...

0 則新訊息