Canasta 1.1.1 released

Jeffrey Wang

Jul 20, 2022, 5:36:46 PM7/20/22
to Canasta
Bonjour,

Canasta 1.1.1 was released on 20 July 2022 at 21:00 UTC.

Change log:
  • MediaWiki was upgraded to 1.35.7.
  • The HeadScript extension was removed from Canasta.
  • By default, $wgServer is now set from the MW_SITE_SERVER environment variable. This does not affect wikis with $wgServer set in their LocalSettings.php. Therefore, this is only a quality-of-life enhancement for people who did not set $wgServer in their LocalSettings.php and instead wish to rely upon a single source of truth for this information (i.e. their .env file).
  • Added rsvg support for SVG thumbnail rendering and set it as the default, replacing ImageMagick. We made this change because it is what the Wikimedia Foundation uses for rendering SVG thumbnails. ImageMagick can still be used for rendering SVGs by changing the value of $wgSVGConverter back to ImageMagick. Keep in mind this change only affects SVG thumbnail rendering and doesn't affect the rendering of raster images nor PDFs.
  • Updated EmbedVideo to use the latest version as of July 2022.
  • Apache was upgraded to 2.4.54-1~deb11u1.
  • FFmpeg was upgraded to 7:4.3.4-0+deb11u1.
----

In addition, the following orchestrator stacks have also been updated.

Canasta for Docker Compose 1.1.1 (https://github.com/CanastaWiki/Canasta-DockerCompose/releases/tag/v1.1.1) has been released to reflect the following changes:
  • The Canasta image is upgraded to 1.1.1.
  • Elasticsearch is upgraded to 6.8.23.
----

For details into updates included with 1.1.1, please see its corresponding pull request: https://github.com/CanastaWiki/Canasta/pull/112

Thank you to all of the contributors who made 1.1.1 possible. Although this is a minor release, it is our first release where we have been enforcing peer reviews and gating the release of new versions until we are ready to merge in all changes at once. (Yay, a stability improvement!) Feedback from the community about our QA process is always welcome and encouraged.

aapkaa
jeffrey

--

Jeffrey Wang