Using xdebug and php.ini-development to diagnose setup problems?

Howard B. Golden

Mar 18, 2023, 3:42:49 PM3/18/23
to Canasta
I have been trying to install Canasta as an test upgrade to MW 1.31. I have been running into various problems, which I have fixed so far. However, I wonder if it is possible to make a modified version of docker-compose (override?) that would include  php.ini-development and xdebug to make problem investigation easier? Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!

Note: I'm a beginner at PHP, but a long term programmer in other languages. Thus I may be missing something obvious to a more experienced PHP programmer.

Howard

Yaron Koren

Apr 13, 2023, 10:46:37 PM4/13/23
to Howard B. Golden, Canasta
Hi,

Apologies for the long delay in responding. No, that's not possible, but I agree that it would be nice to have; I just created a GitHub issue that I think covers this request:

-Yaron

Yaron Koren

Apr 14, 2023, 9:18:50 AM4/14/23
to Howard B. Golden, Canasta
My mistake! It turns out that the file docker-compose.override.yml, which I thought needed to be added, already exists - and I believe it can be used to include the debugging directives you're asking about. The documentation for it needs to be improved, but you can see this file here: