Secure Connection Failed

GeroldBr

Oct 23, 2022, 5:19:35 AM10/23/22
to Canasta
Hello,
I would like to use Canasta. I'm not very familiar with self hosted web applications. But I managed to install Canasta on my home network. Now, when I'm trying to reach it at the local URL using Firefox (version 102.4.0esr) I get the message:

"Secure Connection Failed"
and
"Error code: SSL_ERROR_INTERNAL_ERROR_ALERT".

How can I repair that?

I found some information on the web about this error but nothing helped so far.

Jeffrey Wang

Oct 27, 2022, 6:26:25 AM10/27/22
to Canasta
I have no idea why my reply never got sent 4 days ago, but here it is:

I’m guessing that your Canasta instance is not publicly reachable. What has happened is: Caddy tried to auto-generate a TLS certificate for your site, but failed because it could not reach your site for verification purposes. If you are fine with not using HTTPS, you could try to visit your website using plain old HTTP if your browser allows for it. Otherwise, you’ll need to manually generate a TLS certificate and install it on Caddy, which I’m not familiar with, but I’m guessing should be possible.