Info about Canasta 1.2.0

Jeffrey Wang

Oct 3, 2022, 3:04:32 AM10/3/22
to Canasta
salaam everyone,

We'll be releasing Canasta 1.2.0 in the coming days. It will feature one necessary upgrade and one heavily requested change:
  • MediaWiki will be upgraded to 1.35.8.
  • cfLoadExtension and cfLoadSkin will be retired. Instead, wfLoadExtension and wfLoadSkin should be used for loading both bundled and user-provided extensions/skins. The cfLoad functions will be hard deprecated: while they will continue to work, an annoying nag message will be displayed on the wiki indicating that it is deprecated. Please see the spec for this change here: https://github.com/CanastaWiki/Canasta/issues/133#issuecomment-1264274099
You can view the Canasta 1.2.0 pull request right now. It will be left up for a few days for review from the community. Due to the need to get a release of Canasta out that supports 1.35.8, it will be merged by the end of the week if there are no suggestions or requests for changes.

Please contact me (jw...@mywikis.com) if you would like to be a contributor to the Canasta GitHub repos, which grants you write and +2 privileges. Everyone who attended the State of Canasta meeting on September 29 is eligible to gain contributor privileges.

khush rehna
jeffrey

image.png