Protospace (Calgary) Annual Big Open House - Oct 1.

1 view

mattfreund

Sep 23, 2016, 3:55:41 AM9/23/16
to Coalition of Canadian Creative Spaces

Mostly relevant to my prairie maker nerd brethren...

We're having out Big Open House on Saturday Oct 1.

Last year we had about 500 people come out in 6 hours. And dozens of new signups. It was nuts. We got lucky last year with some press stuff. If we're in an order of magnitude of that this year I'll still be happy.

This year throughout the day we're doing 25, fifteen minute demos of stuff that we'll have courses on later in the year. And a debaucherous afterparty of course.

Last year we had doubled in size (real-estate) just days before the open house. This year we're showing off what we've done with the place, including our awesome Steampunk lounge with pneumatic doors.

Depending on how it goes, you'll probably learn things good and bad on what you could do with your own events.

If anyone's making the trip, bring a sleeping bag, a healthy number of us will be spending the night in a slumber/stumbler party.

Please share this invite with your local spaces if you're local-enough to consider coming out.

Feel free to post here or bug me if you have questions.