最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/07/30 13:41:062020/07/30
To: Canadian Stocks Group
$5.49

Comment?

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/04 7:26:312020/08/04
To: Canadian Stocks Group
We have a new name ... Orca Energy Group

All of the stock at $5.50 was cleared out

We're still sitting with a Kilimanjaro -sized mountain of cash with an embarrassingly small dividend

Q2 due out in a couple of weeks

They may pay off the IFC loan which would leave us untethered

There are at least half a dozen projects they could be working on so lets hope we hear something more profound rather than just a change of name.

Comment?

On Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 1:41:06 PM UTC-4 cybercanuck wrote:
$5.49

Comment?

MP

未読、
2020/08/04 13:51:172020/08/04
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Ask back to $5.40. My bitterness towards this company has become unhealthy.

Cal Neman

未読、
2020/08/04 15:23:242020/08/04
To: Canadian Stocks Group
We are committed to helping the country meet its long-term energy requirements and we believe that we are well placed to achieve the same goal in other parts of Africa.” Nigel
Comment?

MP

未読、
2020/08/04 15:43:342020/08/04
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Have you kept an eye on Aminex cc? They pre-paid the capital gain and have to yet to get the sign off for their farm out.

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/04 16:19:172020/08/04
To: Canadian Stocks Group

Orca said they were interested in duplicating in " other parts " of Africa

MP

未読、
2020/08/04 16:35:402020/08/04
To: Canadian Stocks Group
They did. Do they realize that shareholders have seen little appreciation in the value of their "ownership" in project numero uno.

Maybe duplicating is not the right word to be used.

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/04 19:15:012020/08/04
To: Canadian Stocks Group
What " other parts " of Africa?

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/06 14:16:142020/08/06
To: Canadian Stocks Group
There are at least half a dozen projects this company could be working on.

You 'd wonder why they aren't issuing those preferred shares by offering them  to some institutional investor

Make them convertible  @ $8.25  with a decent coupon

Comment?

MP

未読、
2020/08/06 16:59:052020/08/06
To: Canadian Stocks Group
How much more patience do you have on this one cc?

Cal Neman

未読、
2020/08/06 17:23:022020/08/06
To: Canadian Stocks Group
i think I asked this same Q about 2 years ago and MP you told me it wont be long ha ha

MP

未読、
2020/08/06 17:28:392020/08/06
To: Canadian Stocks Group
FML. lol

I've managed to sale about 30% of my position in the past few months. If there was liquidity I would sale the balance and move on.

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/07 10:49:302020/08/07
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Q2

Last year it was Aug 14th

MP

未読、
2020/08/07 16:31:192020/08/07
To: Canadian Stocks Group
big block at $5.65

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/08 8:23:442020/08/08
To: Canadian Stocks Group
block  ????

Bid $5.60
Ask $5.92

They ought to reintroduce the NCIB

$6.50 upper limit this time instead of $5.50

Comment?

On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 4:31:19 PM UTC-4 MP wrote:
big block at $5.65

MP

未読、
2020/08/08 9:38:042020/08/08
To: Canadian Stocks Group
It was removed at close but it 48K shares at $5.65.

Date of annual meeting has been set to September 17th, 2020.

Location yet to be announced.

Cal Neman

未読、
2020/08/08 9:39:022020/08/08
To: Canadian Stocks Group
I saw the big block yesterday as well.They probably pulled it at the end of the day.
Now, the question is, why was it there all day and why was it pulled after the close? Any theories cc?

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/08 10:28:562020/08/08
To: Canadian Stocks Group
The stock price has flat-lined at $5.50
If there was some kind of transaction involving the shares, you'd  want to keep the share price steady for 30 days

Lets hope its a merger transaction or business combination with another company resulting in asset and / or jurisdiction diversification and a larger more liquid market for the equity of the  combined company.

Comment?

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/08 13:21:092020/08/08
To: Canadian Stocks Group
                                                           Business deal                                           Merger Prospect
                                                            of some kind

Barrick                                   Three mines near Lake Victoria                                  0%
                                                 They need power

SDX                                                 10%                                                                       10%

TPDC                                     Creating an equity % can't hurt                                      ?

COPL                                                 10%                                                                > 10% if they are comfortable
                                                                                                                                      with Nigeria

Sound                                      They need Orca's cash flow                                  20%

Tullow                                   A threesome Swala / Tullow / Orca                          20%

IFC                                         Debt exchanged for                                                      0%
                                               a convertible preferred

PetroNor                               Prospective synergies                                                 40%

Fairfax Africa                       Could evolve                                                                10%
                                                into a royalty trust

Africa Energy                        Lots of synergies                                                        60%

Africa  Oil                               Lundin Group                                                             70%
                                                 Kenya requires power
                                                 South Africa requires power

Comment?

Cal Neman

未読、
2020/08/08 13:43:332020/08/08
To: Canadian Stocks Group
cc - your flat lining theory makes sense.  It has been about a month at this price.
Then the news release that said this:

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/09 8:33:262020/08/09
To: Canadian Stocks Group
re: Sept 17th  AGM

Is that a webinar format?

Well, its a new moon which is a good sign for a new beginning.

We could certainly use a new beginning here with this company

Cal Neman

未読、
2020/08/09 9:16:342020/08/09
To: Canadian Stocks Group
here's hoping they announce something major before then

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/09 10:46:252020/08/09
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Both Kenya and South Africa have severe power shortage issues

both are geographic areas that Lundin's Africa Oil has interests

Comment?

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/09 11:46:162020/08/09
To: Canadian Stocks Group
If they have a webinar and questions are allowed ...

The dividend  ( $0.06  ) is a point of contention  and embarrassment considering the Kilimanjaro -sized mountain of cash

I'd like to ask a question about the dividend

Need your help ... how should it be structured?

a) very gentle?

b) subtle but implied innuendo?

c) blunt?

d) aggressive?

e) obnoxious?

Cal Neman

未読、
2020/08/09 14:28:152020/08/09
To: Canadian Stocks Group
my choice  -b

Cal Neman

未読、
2020/08/09 14:31:442020/08/09
To: Canadian Stocks Group
they will tell you the reason its so ridiculously puny is because they have to pay off the IFC loan
why pay it off now unless and why the low dividend
Is it because they are about to do an acquisition?  If we do not find out soon enough ie during or shortly after the AGM, then it may be time to be a bit blunt after the - we after all deserve it as they have very little skin in the game

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/10 7:00:292020/08/10
To: Canadian Stocks Group
The current bid is $5.10  the ask is $5.92

The trading liquidity is just gawd awful

They really don't have much choice but to  restart a new NCIB

Comment?

Cal Neman

未読、
2020/08/10 7:59:202020/08/10
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Trading liquidity is awful,but the NCIB would make it worse would it not?

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/10 9:04:372020/08/10
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Update

Comment?

On Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 1:41:06 PM UTC-4 cybercanuck wrote:
$5.49

Comment?

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/10 9:50:582020/08/10
To: Canadian Stocks Group
$106.1 million in cash / bonds as of June 30th

Probably US $110 million by now = ~ CDN $5.70 cash / sh

Comment?

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/10 10:02:152020/08/10
To: Canadian Stocks Group
"  we will continue to develop the Songo Songo field with our partner, the Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation, to fuel economic growth and prosperity in country. "  1. NF

NF calls TPDC  our "partner " .... hmmmm

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/10 10:23:342020/08/10
To: Canadian Stocks Group
"  the Company has engaged Canaccord Genuity Limited ("Canaccord") and Investec Bank plc ("Investec") to provide advisory and corporate broking services. As part of the mandate, Canaccord and Investec will introduce Orca to respective institutional investor bases, particularly in Europe and Africa. " 1. Orca

" institutional investor bases " .... really? .... huh!

Comment

MP

未読、
2020/08/10 10:46:442020/08/10
To: Canadian Stocks Group
"The compressors are scheduled to be operational by the end of Q2 2022. " That is a lot of money to spend with only a few years left to the license.

The update has more or less all the information expected from the Q2 report and no movement on the share price. So no movement expected for the near future.

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/10 11:25:582020/08/10
To: Canadian Stocks Group
"  Despite the lower demand for gas from the power sector, TANESCO has continued to pay back its arrears during the first six months of the year. " 1.Orca

Cash continues to increase and the Tanesco receivables are getting paid down

Comment?

MP

未読、
2020/08/10 11:34:422020/08/10
To: Canadian Stocks Group
That is very good. The company needs to get rid of those A's.
No major investor will want to invest in this company where they have no say.

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/10 11:47:472020/08/10
To: Canadian Stocks Group
$5.70 / sh in cash and add the increasing cash flow

A dividend of $0.06   .... cough, cough  ... what a joke.

If they are serious about wanting  to attract " Institutional " interest, that divvie is going to have to increase substantially.

Comment?.

Cal Neman

未読、
2020/08/10 12:25:032020/08/10
To: Canadian Stocks Group
they got to be hoarding that cash for some reason which hopefully becomes clear in the not too distant future. Key word "hopefully"

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/10 16:21:192020/08/10
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Canaccord Genuity  on the "BUY" side

Haven't seen that in a while

These are the folks that are supposed to be finding the "institutional investors"

This is going to feel rather strange since Orca has been orphaned for such a long period of time.

Comment?

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/10 16:37:272020/08/10
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Mr Miller was right about this one

Comment?

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/10 19:17:442020/08/10
To: Canadian Stocks Group
"  The review will also incorporate the latest trends in pressure measurements to allow a full re-assessment on the contingent and prospective resource potential and associated economics of drilling and developing the natural gas in the areas known as Songo Songo North and Songo Songo West. " 1. Orca

huh!

That's still a possibility???????

Comment?

Cal Neman

未読、
2020/08/10 19:24:542020/08/10
To: Canadian Stocks Group
remember they have a new partner -TPDC

Cal Neman

未読、
2020/08/10 19:26:162020/08/10
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Nice to see Cannacord front running and buying stock.
Looks like they may be succeeding in getting institutional partners soon.
I wonder if one of their requirements would be to only have one set of share classes - the B shares and that might also be worked on?

MP

未読、
2020/08/10 22:12:472020/08/10
To: Canadian Stocks Group
They say cash is king.
The company has many avenues they can consider...especially with such a small float. They could buy a company for shares..hell could probably buy a few companies.

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/10 22:39:272020/08/10
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Orca's gas production can stay stable to the end of license but when Tanesco requires more gas production,  then there is going to have to be a deal signed with TPDC.... and they certainly will require more gas production.

What is stopping TPDC from taking Swala's place?

Make TPDC a true equity partner.

Comment?

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/11 10:05:492020/08/11
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Class A

Bid  $33.40

Comment?

MP

未読、
2020/08/11 10:11:532020/08/11
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Class B Bid $5.10 lol

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/11 10:33:562020/08/11
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Strange

They are identical in every aspect except the voting part

Class A carries 20 votes and Class B carries 1 vote

On Tuesday, August 11, 2020 at 10:11:53 AM UTC-4 MP wrote:
Class B Bid $5.10 lol

Cal Neman

未読、
2020/08/11 11:51:202020/08/11
To: Canadian Stocks Group
meanwhile the B's do not move - are they not supposed to move in tandem?

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/11 12:24:312020/08/11
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Sir
How do you propose to have only one set of shares?

Cal Neman

未読、
2020/08/11 12:26:312020/08/11
To: Canadian Stocks Group
collapse those As

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/11 12:27:512020/08/11
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Why would the Estate agree to that?

On Tuesday, August 11, 2020 at 12:26:31 PM UTC-4 cnem...@gmail.com wrote:
collapse those As

MP

未読、
2020/08/11 12:35:572020/08/11
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Convert the A's to B's and pay them a 14% premium in cash from the current B price?

Ya don't think they would agree to that.

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/11 12:48:302020/08/11
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Je ne sais pas

One thing for sure if that happens

... because control is back where it belongs, the dividend will move up in a quantum leap!

Second thing for sure ... institutional investors will be attracted by that dividend.

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/12 7:04:302020/08/12
To: Canadian Stocks Group
My guesstimate is they have about US $110 million in cash / cash equivalent

That's about CDN $147 million

Add the receivables coming in from Tanesco

Add the cash flow

and we have a whopping dividend of $0.06.. an insult.

What the hell is this all about?

Comment?

MP

未読、
2020/08/12 7:32:162020/08/12
To: Canadian Stocks Group
These guys don't listen.

Cal Neman

未読、
2020/08/12 9:27:242020/08/12
To: Canadian Stocks Group
or maybe the A shareholders are stubborn?

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/12 10:35:352020/08/12
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Expecting Q2 tomorrow

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/12 16:16:072020/08/12
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Bidding $5.50

re: flat - lined at $5.50

If a doctor were to look at this company's EKG, she'd think this patient is dead

Time for a bit of electroshock therapy to revive this patient.

Comment?

Cal Neman

未読、
2020/08/12 17:15:342020/08/12
To: Canadian Stocks Group
another company needing shock treatment is reporting tomorrow -GUD

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/13 7:12:432020/08/13
To: Canadian Stocks Group
re SEDAR postings

Such a profound concentration on the name change event

Je ne comprends pas

Its a non event isn't it?

Quadruple the dividend ... now that would be an event!

Comment?

Cal Neman

未読、
2020/08/13 8:22:502020/08/13
To: Canadian Stocks Group
The name change must have been at the suggestion of RBC - they had to justify their consultancy cost, would they not?
I do not think they will be raising their dividend any time soon,but I have been wrong before

MP

未読、
2020/08/13 8:23:042020/08/13
To: Canadian Stocks Group
No kidding. Looks like they had been working on this name change since the fall. You would think their time would be better used working on something a bit more practical.

Cal Neman

未読、
2020/08/13 8:25:562020/08/13
To: Canadian Stocks Group
so what could they be hoarding the cash for?

MP

未読、
2020/08/13 15:05:532020/08/13
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Q2 to be out August 17th based on the financial calendar.

Pretty sure the date on the website was previously the 13th.

MP

未読、
2020/08/13 18:30:442020/08/13
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Q2 out.

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/13 19:15:392020/08/13
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Q2  in US $

Net Income  $0.24 /sh

Cash Flow   $ 0.51 /sh

Comment?

On Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 6:30:44 PM UTC-4 MP wrote:
Q2 out.

MP

未読、
2020/08/13 19:37:322020/08/13
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Here is your .06 dividend sir for all your patience. (oh that is in Canadian)

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/13 20:07:102020/08/13
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Those numbers are very good

If production doesn't increase or decrease ... we're easily worth over US !2 by end of license

Not too worried about the compressor expenditures unless they change the PSA  ... and they might

Those capital costs go into a cost pool and are mostly recovered but the larger cost gas means a smaller profit gas which is split entre TPDC and PAET  ... probably take 9 months to recover it

With these numbers, Canaccord Genuity shouldn't have a problem attracting a  couple of institutional investors.

Trying to explain a frugal $0.06 divvie is going to be rather embarrassing

Comment?

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/13 20:52:052020/08/13
To: Canadian Stocks Group
$5.58

First time it has closed above $5.50 in a long time.

Comment?

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/14 7:11:402020/08/14
To: Canadian Stocks Group
compressiom   "  will allow production volumes to be maintained at 135 MMcfd, with the possibility to expand well deliverability to 172 MMcfd by increasing the amount of gas being delivered through the NNGI. "

We should be at that top end ... they are still busy with Kinyerezi1 Extension.  The locals are busy working on it .

 Comment?

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/15 11:13:152020/08/15
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Can Canaccord Genuity be of any assistance in helping Orca free itself from their " value trap"?

If so, how?

Comment?

MP

未読、
2020/08/15 13:58:222020/08/15
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Been a value trap for way too long.

The company had hired RBC not very long ago and absolutely nothing came of it.

Cal Neman

未読、
2020/08/15 14:27:302020/08/15
To: Canadian Stocks Group
how will institutional investors view the dual share structure?

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/15 16:23:042020/08/15
To: Canadian Stocks Group
A MUCH healthier dividend would do the job!

MP

未読、
2020/08/15 16:27:152020/08/15
To: Canadian Stocks Group
cc you really like giving more to CRA don't you?

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/15 18:31:572020/08/15
To: Canadian Stocks Group
So, are we at a loss as to what is left to do?

Do they try to pick up another $50 million in a second SIB?.

Last time there were 18 733 396 Class B's offered.. so there are quite a few stragglers left.

= = = = = =

Its almost two years since the passing of our beloved WDL.

Not sure how to report this now

In tennis .... we're parked in no man's land

In canoeing .. up the creek without a paddle

This is a really low point for me and our talkative chairman ( sarcasm ) isn't helping whatsoever.

The Class B shareholders feel abandoned, debilitated and defenseless.

Get rid of the Class A shares and we'll quickly show how abandoned , debilitated and defenseless we subordinates really are.

Comment?

Cal Neman

未読、
2020/08/16 2:42:042020/08/16
To: Canadian Stocks Group
you talk about another SIB and or an NCIB cc, so that would reduce the share count would it not?
Then we are expecting institutional shareholders to buy shares???????  Maybe 50 or 100 shares by them???

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/16 7:20:392020/08/16
To: Canadian Stocks Group
re: " maybe 50 or 100 shares by then " ... Jay Lyons owns 50 shares... 50 more than David Ross

Getting out of this " value trap " is not going to be easy

Canaccord Genuity has its work cut out for it.

There are 26.2 million shares now ... not 35 million anymore

Original offer was at $8.25
$8.25 * 35 = $x *  26
$x = $11

$11 eh?   If someone offered $8.25 , we'd probably jump at it

There have got to be private equity firms that are capable of seeing an opportunity here.  They don't need money because they can use our own money to buy us out.   Perhaps, firms such as Link

Comment?

MP

未読、
2020/08/17 15:11:322020/08/17
To: Canadian Stocks Group
cc is that you trying to sell your remaining class A shares for $55? $40 not good enough for you?

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/17 15:45:142020/08/17
To: Canadian Stocks Group
No ...but I do know who owns some ..  mine were sold a LONG, LONG  time ago ... no trading liquidity
The Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association...  read it, re read it and re re read it
and I was,  and still am,  thoroughly convinced you cannot take over the company without dragging the Class B's along

Perhaps they changed the articles without telling us????

Sort of reminds me when I believe I owned the decisive control block in a proxy battle ... Leigh Instruments ... hearing aids .Very popular with Herb for 15 minutes of fame.

There are only a few thousand Class A left

They may be planning on doing something with the Class A's  and getting rid of those few non estate  stragglers.  It would simplify things a lot.

My suggestion .. let the company strike a deal with the estate to buy the Class A's  at a premium, convert them to Class B and distribute them to shareholders as a special dividend distribution

 Comment?

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/17 16:08:242020/08/17
To: Canadian Stocks Group
How do we get rid of the Class A's?

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/17 16:26:212020/08/17
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Class A   + 47% today

Sheeesh

MP

未読、
2020/08/17 17:28:082020/08/17
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Bid @ $45.00

MP

未読、
2020/08/17 17:29:402020/08/17
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Might be time to place in a call to Herb to return the favour and see if he has had any discussion with Orca as to the A's.

"Sort of reminds me when I believe I owned the decisive control block in a proxy battle ... Leigh Instruments ... hearing aids .Very popular with Herb for 15 minutes of fame."

Cal Neman

未読、
2020/08/17 17:31:142020/08/17
To: Canadian Stocks Group
now why would institutions want to buy in when the As control all decisions and especially when there are so few shares available on the B side?

MP

未読、
2020/08/17 17:36:492020/08/17
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Precisely why there is no institutions nor has there been.

Only reason Trapeze held on is most of their shares were free from PAN Ocean.

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/17 18:22:372020/08/17
To: Canadian Stocks Group
How many shares does Trapeze own now?

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/17 18:56:072020/08/17
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Generation   ... 2 318 199  Class B

Hillsdale is also there    Link  not many though  281 391

Comment?

Cal Neman

未読、
2020/08/17 20:27:002020/08/17
To: Canadian Stocks Group
what about the shaymar shares?

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/17 21:29:352020/08/17
To: Canadian Stocks Group
From my records

4 694 870 Class B

1 741 975  Class A

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/18 11:02:192020/08/18
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Orca A
Bid $40.20   300 shares

Can the estate not sell 300 at $40.20????

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/19 14:32:072020/08/19
To: Canadian Stocks Group
How is Canaccord Genuity coming along wrt Orca?

re: Sept 17th AGM
Do you suppose the Class B's might be invited or is it open only for the Class A's?

No invitation yet!

Comment?

MP

未読、
2020/08/19 14:36:422020/08/19
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Still waiting. I assume we'll get notice the week prior. Hard to make travel arrangements at this time. lol

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/19 15:59:352020/08/19
To: Canadian Stocks Group
MP
Is that yours at $5.65 on the offer?

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/19 16:02:232020/08/19
To: Canadian Stocks Group
On the ask

= = = = = = = = =

Come on Cannaccord Genuity ... do something for us before the AGM in case we need to approve it

 Comment?

MP

未読、
2020/08/19 17:05:222020/08/19
To: Canadian Stocks Group
It is not.

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/21 9:11:532020/08/21
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Wonder if Canaccord Genuity has approached Helios yet?  Link

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/23 10:59:362020/08/23
To: Canadian Stocks Group
They sure are waiting a long time to invite us to the mtg

Why is that?

Comment?

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/24 11:03:302020/08/24
To: Canadian Stocks Group
Where can we find the research with Canaccord's $8.00 target?

cybercanuck

未読、
2020/08/24 11:26:202020/08/24
To: Canadian Stocks Group