Pulpwood and Atlantic Canada. . .

Ryan Deschamps

May 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/19/00

I have a bit of time to pull up a discussion for a change.

I"m wondering if anyone out there knows or understands anything about how
the pulp and paper industry has effected Canada (or even better Atlantic
Canada).

I'm particularly interested in the introduction of pulpwood-- did
pulpwood help the industry expand its profits significantly or was it
merely a byproduct of such innovations as the chainsaw? Did the post-war
boom in the depression-smacked Atlantic Canada create a need for cheap
wood product (ie. extreme demand for housing (therefore, also
furniture/desks/offices etc) and small amounts of money).

RYan. . .

Ryan Deschamps
http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~greebie/Profile.html - Personal Profile
http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~greebie/cinquain.html - Poetry Page