Biggest question about Taliban in Afghanistan. Why where they alive?

1 view

Liberals are Vermin!

Aug 21, 2021, 2:14:38 AM8/21/21
In WW2, they killed 15,000-20,000 in one battle. So, why / how did 50,000 Taliban survive in Afghanistan for 20 years? What was the U.S. there for? They should have been killing them all the time. They should have killed villagers who willingly harboured them. Search and Destroy, that should have been on the ongoing mission. Instead of "nation building" which is a horribly and proven FAILED strategy.

Eric@

Aug 21, 2021, 5:23:12 PM8/21/21
Liberals are Vermin! wrote...

> In WW2, they killed 15,000-20,000 in one battle. So, why / how did 50,000 Taliban survive in Afghanistan for 20 years? What was the U.S. there for? They should have been killing them all the time. They should have killed villagers who willingly harboured them. Search and Destroy, that should have been on the ongoing mission. Instead of "nation building" which is a horribly and proven FAILED strategy.

They are supplied by, funded by, and find refuge in, Pakistan.

Dave Smith

Aug 21, 2021, 9:33:44 PM8/21/21
That was where they found bin Laden. He was right under the nose of the
Pakistani military.

Gregory Carr

Aug 27, 2021, 7:02:47 AM8/27/21
On Friday, 20 August 2021 at 23:14:38 UTC-7, Liberals are Vermin! wrote:
> In WW2, they killed 15,000-20,000 in one battle. So, why / how did 50,000 Taliban survive in Afghanistan for 20 years? What was the U.S. there for? They should >have been killing them all the time. They should have killed villagers who willingly harboured them. Search and Destroy, that should have been on the ongoing >mission. Instead of "nation building" which is a horribly and proven FAILED strategy.

Burning the ville to save it. Free fire zones. Paying bounties for severed heads and ears. My Lai. Dropping more bombs than in all of WW2 they still lost but the 1975 Saigon bug out went better than Kabul capitulation.