Hey Joe Bidemented... Next Balloon... Just Shoot the Fucker Down, OK?

1 view

AlleyCat

Feb 6, 2023, 7:32:07 PM2/6/23

Threat from Communist China

Chinese Spy Balloon Could Have Been Used for Prepping EMP Attack on US Nuclear
Facilities: Expert

The Chinese spy balloon that navigated through U.S. and Canadian airspace for a
week before being shot down may have been conducting reconnaissance for a
potential conflict with the United States, though experts believe its mission
is only just beginning to be understood.

When the spy balloon first entered U.S. airspace over Alaska's Aleutian Islands
on Jan. 28, American officials believed it would keep traveling on a northern
trajectory over sparsely populated areas.

Two days later, however, the balloon slowed down over Canada and abruptly
changed course, and headed south on a new trajectory that would take it over
much of the continental United States.

Over the next several days, the balloon traveled over some of the United
States" most sensitive military sites, conducting surveillance and,
potentially, rehearsing for a future attack.

The Biden administration has declined to specify which sites the Chinese
balloon surveyed, but it visibly traveled near at least three sites vital to
the United States" nuclear capabilities.

These sites included Malmstrom Air Force Base in Montana, which oversees 150
nuclear-capable intercontinental ballistic missile silos; Offutt Air Force Base
in Nebraska, which is home to U.S. Strategic Command; and Whiteman Air Force
Base in Missouri, which operates the Air Force's B-2 bomber.

Paul Crespo, president of the Center for American Defense Studies, said that
the balloon's trajectory could "absolutely" suggest that communist China was
conducting a dry run for an attack using balloon-mounted weapons.

Particularly, Crespo warned that the regime could use high-altitude balloons to
conduct electromagnetic pulse (EMP) attacks on vital U.S. bases and
infrastructure.

"While China has tested hypersonic missiles launched from balloons in the past,
that isn't a likely use for these airships," Crespo told The Epoch Times in an
email.

"The biggest threat is sending one or more of these high altitude balloons over
the U.S. with a small nuclear EMP device."
The EMP Threat

EMPs are bursts of electromagnetic energy that disrupt communications and
damage electronic equipment. An EMP can be created by nuclear missiles, radio-
frequency weapons, and natural phenomena such as geomagnetic storms.

While any nuclear weapon can create an EMP, specialized EMP weapons such as so-
called super-EMP bombs generate particularly strong gamma radiation that
multiplies the effect of the pulse, extending the destruction over a greater
range.

It has long been believed that the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), which rules
China as a single-party state, is developing such weapons for a potential
conflict with the United States.

"Detonated at extremely high altitude, EMPs could knock out power and
communications across the U.S., wreaking widespread havoc for a year or more
without firing a shot on the ground," Crespo said.

In most scenarios, such a detonation would need to occur at a higher elevation
than the Chinese spy balloon was at in order to cause destruction across a vast
swath of territory.

If the EMP's purpose were to knock out a smaller target, however, such as a
nuclear command and control facility, a balloon like the one shot down over the
weekend would be a near-perfect delivery device.

Crespo, who previously served as a Marine officer with the Defense Intelligence
Agency, said that the spy balloon also likely provided the CCP with
unprecedented intelligence on U.S. nuclear facilities.

"Despite those who claim otherwise, the unprecedented slow-moving Chinese
surveillance balloon across the entire U.S. gave China intelligence it couldn't
otherwise get on nuclear, communications, and other critical targets," Crespo
said.
Political Fallout

Though perhaps not as terrifying as an electromagnetic attack on the United
States" nuclear facilities, Crespo said that the spy balloon incident gave the
CCP something nearly as important: A propaganda victory designed to undermine
the will of the United States and its allies.

"The balloon tested U.S. surveillance and counter-surveillance abilities and
reactions," Crespo said. "But, most importantly, it tested political will, and
Biden's willingness to let it cross the U.S. before finally downing it failed
that test."

"Biden's weak response gave China a major win on all counts."

Crespo is not the only one who has expressed ire over President Joe Biden's
apparently slow response to the violation of U.S. sovereignty.

"China's brazen and unapologetic violation of American sovereignty last week
demonstrates how little the CCP respects the Biden administration," said Rep.
Tom Tiffany (R-Wisc.) in an email to the Epoch Times.

"Communist China is the number one threat to American national security and
economic security, and it is time to start treating them that way."

Similarly, House Foreign Affairs Committee Chair Michael McCaul (R-Texas) said
that the Biden administration should never have allowed the spy balloon to
enter U.S. airspace.

"The administration should have taken care of this before it became a national
security threat," McCaul told The Epoch Times in an email.

"I hope we will be able to recover the wreckage to help determine what
intelligence the CCP collected while its spy balloon was over our country for
days."

A spokesperson for the House Foreign Affairs Committee said that the committee
requested both classified and unclassified briefings on the incident to inform
members and staff as to why the balloon was allowed to fly over so much of the
United States before being shot down.

Adding to the intense political fallout was the Biden administration's apparent
intent to conduct business as usual with China.

Indeed, the Biden administration initially decided not to disclose the
existence of the spy balloon to the American public, fearing that knowledge of
the violation of U.S. sovereignty would derail Secretary of State Antony
Blinken's then-planned trip to Beijing.

The administration's plans to conceal the incident were thwarted, however, when
images of the balloon taken by Montana photographers Larry Mayer and Chase Doak
and published in the Billings Gazette burst the story wide open for the whole
world to see.

"This is exactly what journalism is designed for," Doak said in a tweet.
"Americans had a right to know that a foreign government was spying on them.
Glad I could be a part of bringing it to light."

Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Ala.), who chairs the House Armed Services Committee, said
that the administration's decision to conceal the existence of the balloon was
of grave concern, and referred to the entire incident as a national security
failure.

"I remain deeply concerned by the Biden administration's decision to allow the
spy balloon to traverse the United States," Rogers said in a prepared
statement.

"It's clear the Biden administration had hoped to hide this national security
failure from Congress and the American people. Now, the White House must
provide answers about why they decided to allow a CCP spy balloon to cross the
United States and what damage to our national security occurred from this
decision."

The White House and Department of Defense did not return requests for comment.

Ladies and Gentlemen... I give you the Democrats" best: Old-Rich-White-
Religious Freak, Joe Biden

Or As Old-Rich-White-Religious Freak, Joe Biden Would Say: "Labadies and
Gntlmn... I gve yu the Dmcrts" bst."

=====

Truinnerashuvaduprezure!

https://i.imgur.com/SMF90st.mp4

https://youtu.be/Slm5bvO-_5I

=====

Joe Bidden Completely Forgets What He's Talking About In Excruciating Press
Conference
https://youtu.be/SdfvIvYPPRo?t=32

Joe Biden Gets Completely LOST in Middle of a Story
https://rumble.com/vgbxnh-joe-biden-gets-completely-lost-in-middle-of-a-
story.html?mref=22lbp&mc=56yab

Biden tries to explain the Covid bill. This moron is President? Wow.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1368292670372683776

Biden's Dementia Flares Up, Has Complete Mental Short-Circuit During Speech
https://rumble.com/ve8jlz-biden-briefly-malfunctions-again.html

Out-Performed Every Presidential Challenger In US History?
https://twitter.com/i/status/1364024001736155144

Joe Biden: You Just Wonder
https://youtu.be/Uj0ccJgJsPA

Joe Biden Fumbles Through Speech
https://youtu.be/0xwoaagXFyU

Joe Biden Embarrassingly Delivers his WORST Speech while "President Elect'
https://youtu.be/oHI__YneMuE

Barely There Biden Makes No Sense
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxxAyHgBiNU

Joe Biden Stumbles, Makes No Sense
https://youtu.be/X1byHpkSmYc

Joe Biden Makes No Sense, Forgets When The 1918 Flu Pandemic Occurred
https://youtu.be/vt7WPjsYl44

Joe Biden making Zer0 sense
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYch-1fRhiE

Joe Biden Told Voters To "Go To" A Phone Number. Now, He Still Makes Zero
Sense!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg4OUk0qyWM

AlleyCat

Feb 6, 2023, 7:32:27 PM2/6/23

Balloon With 3 Hypersonic Missiles Tested by China in 2018

China tested hypersonic glide vehicles dropped from a balloon in 2018,
according to Chinese state broadcaster CCTV. (Screenshot via Chinese social
media)

https://img.theepochtimes.com/assets/uploads/2023/02/06/balloon-1200x675.jpg

By Andrew Thornebrooke

February 6, 2023 - Updated: February 6, 2023

Chinese state-owned television aired footage of a high-altitude balloon
dropping hypersonic weapons in 2018.

The stunning footage displays a high-altitude balloon, not dissimilar from the
one that traversed over the United States last week, carrying three hypersonic
glide vehicles (HGVs) into high altitude and dropping them for testing.

Chinese state broadcaster CCTV reported on the weapons test in September 2018.
The footage has since been deleted from Chinese media, but photographs and
short clips can still be found online.

In one post from 2018, a Twitter user shared footage from Douyin, China's
version of TikTok, which shows the balloon lifting the three HGVs from the
ground.

Screenshots from this Douyin short video. pic.twitter.com/XvhnzMhhY7

- dafeng cao (@dafengcao) September 21, 2018

HGVs are generally launched by rockets in a similar manner to traditional
missiles. Upon reaching orbit, however, HGVs detach from the rocket and fly
through the atmosphere using their own momentum.

Such weapons are much faster than other missiles while they are in low orbit,
but become much slower upon hitting the dense air of the atmosphere as they
have no jets to power them. The three HGVs dropped by the balloon in the
footage appear to have been designed to test this phenomenon.

The balloon-dropped HGVs were part of an effort to develop precision warheads
for hypersonic weapons, which would give the Chinese military an "unstoppable
nuclear-capable weapon," according to the South China Morning Post.
Balloons One Part of China's War Preparations

Paul Crespo, president of the Center for American Defense Studies, said that
the balloon which traversed U.S. airspace this week could "absolutely" be a dry
run for an attack using a balloon-mounted weapon, but that hypersonic missiles
would likely not be a first choice for China's communist regime.

"While China has tested hypersonic missiles launched from balloons in the past,
that isn't a likely use for these airships," Crespo told The Epoch Times in an
email. "The biggest threat is sending one or more of these high altitude
balloons over the U.S. with a small nuclear EMP (Electro Magnetic Pulse)
device."

Epoch Times Photo
Illustration of the payload containing three hypersonic glide vehicles tested
by China in 2018. (Epoch Times)

"Detonated at extremely high altitude, they could knock out power and
communications across the US, wreaking widespread havoc for a year or more
without firing a shot on the ground."

Though Crespo did not believe that balloon-dropped hypersonics would be the
next big thing in a nuclear conflict, the HGVs dropped in the footage may well
have contributed to the development of the hypersonic weapon system secretly
tested by China in 2021 -.

That system, then-Vice Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. John Hyten said,
appeared to be intended for a "first-use" nuclear strike against the United
States.

"They look like a first-use weapon," Hyten said.

"The pace [China is] moving and the trajectory that they're on will surpass
Russia and the United States if we don't do something to change it."

Communist China is not alone in developing novel ways to use high-altitude
balloons as weapons of war.

The United States has researched and tested the use of such balloons for
deploying swarms of explosive-laden suicide drones since at least 2018.

The Pentagon is also investing tens of millions of dollars into high-altitude
balloons that it intends to use for surveillance and, notably, hopes to use to
track the CCP's hypersonic arsenal.

The Epoch Times has requested comment from the White House and Pentagon.

Alan

Feb 7, 2023, 1:28:00 AM2/7/23
On 2023-02-06 16:32, AlleyCat wrote:

> Threat from Communist China
>
> Chinese Spy Balloon Could Have Been Used for Prepping EMP Attack on US Nuclear
> Facilities: Expert

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in what an unnamed "expert" says...

on Epoch Times.

Governor Swill

Feb 7, 2023, 8:58:16 AM2/7/23
Epoch Times? Very low reliability score and heavily biased.

Swill
--
Bill Mahr on George Santos: "Everyone saw in George Santos what
they wanted to see - Republicans saw a Trump loving rich prick, Democrats

Glory to the heroes! Glory to Ukraine!

Governor Swill

Feb 7, 2023, 9:00:14 AM2/7/23
On Mon, 6 Feb 2023 22:27:57 -0800, Alan <nuh...@nope.com> wrote:

And I'm not registering my email address just to read their bullshit.

AlleyCat

Feb 7, 2023, 3:48:43 PM2/7/23

On Mon, 6 Feb 2023 22:27:57 -0800, Alan says...

> I wouldn't put a lot of stock in what an unnamed "expert" says...

But it's OK when Alan Baker approved liberal sites do it?

The Lying Times of New York: "Anonymous sources said."

=====

The Dirty Secret That Explains Why Fake News Media Insists On Anonymous Sources

https://www.uncoverdc.com/2019/08/30/the-dirty-secret-that-explains-why-fake-
news-media-insists-on-anonymous-sources/

The frequent and liberal use of anonymous sources is a key factor in both the
launching and the maintenance of political narratives by the Fake News Media.
Anonymous sources never have to be replaced, upgraded or held accountable for
getting it wrong.... And this is because these media outlets fully intend to
keep on using these exact same...

On the night of Tuesday, August 27th MSNBC host Lawrence O'Donnell got himself
a lot of national attention by dramatically revealing on his show, "The Last
Word", that he had a "source" who told him that Deutsche Bank had Donald
Trump's tax records, and these records showed that Trump had co-signers for
massive loans he'd taken out from various banks - and the kicker was that the
co-signers were Russian oligarchs.

Not even 24 hours later, O'Donnell had walked back the claim in a most ignoble
fashion. It turned out that O'Donnell's single solitary source had never seen
any documents to support this claim.

As we survey the wreckage of this latest epic crash-and-burn by a prominent DNC
Media outlet, let's ask why so many of these reporters end up stepping on the
same rakes over and over again. Why do they continue regularly embarrassing
themselves like this?

The answer is that these aren't news reporters; these are political activists
disguised as news reporters. A major sea change occurred at many news media
outlets over the past 20 years, and it has driven many of the real journalists
out of DNC Media outlets into other jobs.

Sharyl Attkisson is one of a dying breed: a real live actual investigative
reporter. She no longer fits inside of what DNC Media has become, and so was
shown the door at CBS. Lara Logan was another real reporter who suddenly found
herself to be a fish out of water and also ended up unceremoniously departing
CBS News.

As all the real reporters either left, retired or learned to play by the new
rules, these media outlets essentially changed their nature.

The new breed of "journalist" [who is really just a fake news political
activist] doesn't see their job as being presenting the news to you, although
many of them will lie to you about this. They see their real job as being to
help launch and then drive political narratives to achieve political effects.
Such as helping to guide the outcome of elections, for instance.

The frequent and liberal use of anonymous sources is a key factor in both the
launching and the maintenance of political narratives by the Fake News Media.

Anonymous sources never have to be replaced, upgraded or held accountable for
getting it wrong. No matter how many times a source gives you bad or false or
wrong information, as long as you keep that source anonymous, nobody knows if
you're going back to this source for your future stories.

I'm pretty sure O'Donnell plans on using this anonymous source again in the
future, which is why he will zip his lip and not tell anybody who this single
source was.

Reporters today aren't following the old journalistic rules.

It used to be that stories would undergo a very rigorous verification process
before they were published. It was standard practice to at least attempt to
contact the subjects of a story for comment before running it. If mistakes were
made, very public retractions/apologies would be made.

Today's news media has mostly ditched these rules.

They no longer seem to put any effort whatsoever into checking or verifying
what their anonymous sources are telling them before they publish.

They no longer take the time to contact the people targeted by these stories to
comment on what the anonymous sources are claiming.

They're often not even bothering to issue corrections or retractions after the
story blows up on them. Instead, everyone simply moves on to the next Fake News
story making the same type of claims based on anonymous sources. Rinse and
repeat, over and over.

It's clear at this point these are not honest mistakes. This is a deliberate
media strategy at work.

They don't care about getting the stories right because the stories aren't
really the point; the narrative the stories are being used to drive is the real
point. The narrative is all that matters.

This latest Fake News story from O'Donnell about supposed "Russian co-signers
of Trump's loans" is designed to help keep the "Trump Is Owned by The
Russians" narrative in play for this present news cycle of the week, nothing
more. It doesn't have be found true as long as it goes viral, which it
immediately did, and that's the point. That's the MSM's strategy.

There's a tacit agreement in place by all involved here that nobody is going to
be burned or held accountable when these anti-Trump stories fall apart. The
source knows he/she won't be held accountable. O'Donnell understands full well
his bosses won't hold him accountable. The important thing here is to keep the
narrative afloat. To the players in these Fake News stories, this is all that
really matters.

Especially in the last year the so called "real" media has repeatedly beclowned
itself with this kind of behavior. I've recounted these tales of hilarity in
previous columns like these:

Guardian's Manafort Story Another Sign of Media's Desperation

Media Can't Admit Trump-Russia Sources Are Compromised, Feeding Them Fake News

Media Is Being Forced Into Writing Mueller Fan Fiction

In many cases, not a single reporter or editor or anonymous source was held
responsible for any of this fake news that has unfolded over the past three
years as the "news media" has relentlessly driven this Trump/Russia narrative.

And this is because these media outlets fully intend to keep on using these
exact same sources. There can't be any accountability because it would expose
the truth about what these media outlets have been doing.

Because you still don't know who it was who fed the McClatchy reporters that
song and dance about Cohen's phone getting pinged in Prague, you can't spot it
when McClatchy or some other media outlet ends up using that same unreliable
source for another "news" story.

Even in the extremely rare instances where there was some accountability in the
past couple of years where reporters or editors were fired, demoted or
reprimanded, the **sources** have always been protected.

When CNN fired three people over the Anthony Scaramucci fiasco, when Brian Ross
got suspended at ABC News after botching a story about Lt. General Michael
Flynn, the anonymous sources that were used to launch those Fake News stories
were rigorously protected.

That's because I'm quite sure DNC Media Complex "reporters" - with their eyes
wide open - have since gone back to these same anonymous sources to get
information to launch new anti-Trump propaganda stories disguised as news.

In going "all in" to stop Trump, these dying Fake News Media organizations have
absolutely shredded any remaining credibility they had left. And now people are
tuning them out.

You can only cry "wolf!" so many times before even the most die-hard believers
start realizing you are conning them.