Niggers and Antifa Defeated Trump But He Won't Admit It.

PorkoTrumpo

Jan 18, 2022, 11:25:12 PM1/18/22
VOICES
Black voters steer America toward moral clarity in presidential race
African American voters were a critical demographic that helped determine
the final outcome of the 2020 presidential election.
Suzette Hackney
USA TODAY

Stomping for votes during the 2016 presidential campaign, Donald Trump
turned his attention to Black Americans. Speaking on a warm August evening
at a sports complex in Dimondale, Michigan, a Lansing suburb, Trump
delivered a blunt assessment of how he views the Black electorate.

“What do you have to lose by trying something new, like Trump?” he asked,
addressing African Americans at large. “You’re living in poverty, your
schools are no good. You have no jobs, 58% of your youth is unemployed —
what the hell do you have to lose?"

Apparently, a lot.

Americans last week waited four excruciating days before taking to the
streets to celebrate the historic election of President-elect Joe Biden
and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris. And even as votes are still being
counted, it's clear that Black voters helped steer the moral clarity
needed to move this country forward.

Record numbers of Americans cast ballots — nearly 160 million — but
African American voters were a critical demographic that helped determine
the final outcome of the 2020 presidential election. Cities with large
Black populations such as Philadelphia, Detroit and Atlanta bolstered
Biden's lead in key battleground states the Democratic Party lost four
years ago.
Black Voters Matter hosted a get-out-the-vote event in Philadelphia Oct.
17, 2020.

About 87% of Black voters nationwide chose Biden over Trump, according to
preliminary national exit polling. Those early exit polls show that 19% of
Black men voted for Trump, as did 9% of Black women.

An Associated Press VoteCast survey showed overall larger Black support
for Biden — 90%. According to the AP survey, 12% of Black men voted for
Trump, while only 6% of Black women supported him.
Story from Philips
Millions of first-time moms use this app
Popular Pregnancy+ app delivers accessible resources to under-resourced,
expectant families.
See More ?

Among all voters, Biden won Detroit, capturing 94% of the vote while Trump
received only 5%. In Philadelphia, Biden grabbed 81% compared to 18% for
Trump. Philly's diverse surrounding suburbs also outperformed for Biden.
Atlanta residents backed Biden over Trump 73% to 26%.

At least one preliminary snapshot shows that Trump made slight inroads
with Black voters, compared with 2016 results. And while final numbers may
show a negligible Trump bump this year among African American voters, exit
polls are notoriously inaccurate, especially when the final vote count
hasn't been weighted.

So what do we know? Not much beyond that fact that Black voters saved this
election for Biden. Biden received his first boost in February when Rep.
James Clyburn, the House majority whip and highest-ranking African
American in Congress, endorsed him three days before the South Carolina
primary. Democratic voters said Clyburn’s endorsement was an important
factor in their decision to vote for Biden, who won in a landslide.

Pounding the podium for emphasis, Biden also acknowledged Black voters
during his victory speech Saturday night, declaring that "the African
American community stood up again for me.”

“You’ve always had my back, and I’ll have yours,” he said.

He must work quickly. Americans are in need of a steady hand to guide us
through the worsening coronavirus pandemic. Numbers of infections and
deaths keep climbing, as do those facing eviction and the spiral into
poverty. Black Americanss, in particular, have also expressed a desire to
see Biden address racial inequality, the lack of living-wage jobs, access
to affordable housing and criminal justice reform. And after four years of
Trump, African Americans want an empathetic president who will simply
listen to them.

Harris, the first African American and South Asian American woman to be
elected vice president, also expressed gratitude for the millions of Black
women who cast votes for Biden/Harris, the highest percentage of any
racial group.

"I want to speak directly to the Black women in our country," Harris wrote
in a tweet Monday. "Thank you. You are too often overlooked, and yet are
asked time and again to step up and be the backbone of our democracy. We
could not have done this without you."

Black voters, Black people in general, don’t all think the same. There is
no monolithic Black constituency; instead, there are vast distinctions in
thought sometimes related to geography, culture, religion, age, gender and
upbringing. But certain broad issues — racial injustice, economic
inequality, voter suppression, law enforcement bias, educational access,
health care — resonate with Black Americans.

Trump probably didn't realize it at the time, but his callous words in
that predominately white, working-class Michigan community in 2016 would
foreshadow four years of pain and suffering that followed. What's
laughable is that during the same speech Trump predicted: "At the end of
four years, I guarantee you that I will get over 95% of the African
American vote. I promise you.”

Another broken promise. Here are the facts:

Trump's lack of leadership and incompetence allowed the deadly coronavirus
to run rampant, disproportionately affecting Black people. Trump has
attacked Black athletes, Black journalists and Black female members of
Congress. He has called African countries "s---holes." He has aligned
himself with white nationalists, called Black Lives Matter a symbol of
hate, and answered cries for freedom during racial justice protests this
summer with a "law and order" rhetoric.

In April, when cornonavirus-induced unemployment numbers peaked nationally
at 14.7% — the highest rate since the Great Depression — unemployment
levels for Black people soared to 16.7%.

In September, 12.1% of Black Americans were out of work, compared with 7%
of whites.

Under Trump, Black folks have lost a lot.

Even so, I wanted to hear from Black voters who supported Trump. Exit
polling can be flawed, but if the numbers hold, at least nominally more
Black Americans supported Trump than in 2016. If circumstantial evidence
is any indication, I struggled to find any who weren't deeply aligned and
publicly active with the Republican Party.
President Donald Trump courts Black voters ahead of 2020 election.

Wayne Bradley, 44, a Southfield, Michigan, resident who owns a political
consulting firm in Detroit, said Black people who supported Trump often
look at issues such as gun control, judicial appointees, personal wealth
and anti-abortion sentiment when casting their ballots. I asked Bradley
how he could overlook the racist rhetoric Trump has peddled, from
birtherism, which questioned President Barack Obama's citizenship, to his
"fine people on both sides" comments following the protests in
Charlottesville, Virginia.

"As a Black man I'm not comfortable with that, but I'm a results-
orientated kind of person," Bradley told me this week. "If you're
providing opportunities to people, I'm OK with that. I can live with talk.
I need to see action. And the action and the results were speaking for
itself. If it wasn't for COVID, I think he would have won again. He would
have had more Black support than he has right now. That was his major
stumbling block, COVID, and the way it looks right now, he may pay the
price with his presidency."

Trump did walk away with more than 72 million votes — and counting —
certainly not the repudiation some expected. And America must still
grapple with the realities that such a large swath of citizens would throw
support behind a man who has caused so much harm and division. But for the
overwhelming majority of Black Americans, the message to Trump was loud
and clear: Get your bags and go.

PorkoTrumpo

Jan 19, 2022, 10:27:32 AM1/19/22