Sympatico HS and caps

the real TOMMY Tutalidge

Jul 5, 2003, 11:21:15 PM7/5/03
Notice how it's still $7.95 a gigabyte and sympatico can change the
contract at any time. What if these people download hundreds of
gigabytes a month and sympatico doubles that $7.95 to $15.90 a gigabyte?

nob...@anywhere.com wrote:

> Well, now that the caps are ending for Sympatico customers, what
> happens to the DSL reseller out there? Do the 'agreements' between
> Bell Nexxia and it's DSL resellers change? Will we still see caps at
> (most of) the resellers or will they change too?

Chris

Jul 5, 2003, 11:33:34 PM7/5/03
nob...@anywhere.com wrote:

> Well, now that the caps are ending for Sympatico customers, what
> happens to the DSL reseller out there? Do the 'agreements' between
> Bell Nexxia and it's DSL resellers change? Will we still see caps at
> (most of) the resellers or will they change too?

I'm pretty sure that the speeds for the resellers will increase with
Sympatico's 1.5 Mb.

The caps are up to the resellers.

Bob Carrick

Jul 6, 2003, 9:33:41 AM7/6/03
nob...@anywhere.com wrote:
> Well, now that the caps are ending for Sympatico customers, what
> happens to the DSL reseller out there? Do the 'agreements' between
> Bell Nexxia and it's DSL resellers change? Will we still see caps at
> (most of) the resellers or will they change too?

The agreements did not change when caps where introduced so there is no
reason why they would change when the caps get removed.
--
Bob
http://www.canadianisp.com - Compare Internet Service Providers

Mac

Jul 6, 2003, 2:12:00 PM7/6/03
Now that's doublethink or Alice in Wonderland or Bob Carrick or ...

In article <WyVNa.925$%71.2...@news20.bellglobal.com>, "Bob Carrick"

Walter Dnes

Jul 6, 2003, 11:55:30 PM7/6/03
Top-posting fixed.

On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 14:12:00 -0400, Mac, <1...@123.com> wrote:

> > The agreements did not change when caps where introduced so there
> > is no reason why they would change when the caps get removed.

> Now that's doublethink or Alice in Wonderland or Bob Carrick or ...

Bob's right. The capping/uncapping was a decision by Sympatico, not
by Bellnexxia. Please show why you think they were connected.

--
Walter Dnes <walt...@waltdnes.org>
Email users are divided into two classes;

Mac

Jul 7, 2003, 3:34:02 AM7/7/03
It must be the wording - how can agreements not change if caps are used
and then not?

In article <beaqvh$312tq$1...@ID-146822.news.dfncis.de>,

Mike Tancsa

Jul 7, 2003, 6:30:23 AM7/7/03
On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 02:48:08 GMT, nob...@anywhere.com wrote:

>Well, now that the caps are ending for Sympatico customers, what
>happens to the DSL reseller out there?

They never had anything to do with Sympatico. Non Sympatico DSL providers
using Bell's copper loops pay $x per month per subscriber and then some
sort of network connection fee for a FastE, OC-3 or GigE connection to
Bell's ATM network. Whether the individual end user used 1byte or
100Gigbytes it doesnt / didnt matter as its not usage based to the ISP.

---Mike
Mike Tancsa (mi...@sentex.net)
http://www.sentex.net/mike

Bob Carrick

Jul 7, 2003, 7:13:28 AM7/7/03
Mac wrote:
> It must be the wording - how can agreements not change if caps are
> used and then not?

Because as we said that was between SYmpatico and it's customers, not Bell
Nexxia and it's ISPs.

Tony

Jun 10, 2022, 7:07:42 PM6/10/22
Bob Carrick wrote:
> nob...@anywhere.com wrote:
>> Well, now that the caps are ending for Sympatico customers, what
>> happens to the DSL reseller out there? Do the 'agreements' between
>> Bell Nexxia and it's DSL resellers change? Will we still see caps at
>> (most of) the resellers or will they change too?
>
> The agreements did not change when caps where introduced so there is no
> reason why they would change when the caps get removed.

Aren't you the same guy wh0 said you'd come back to this newsgroup after
you moved to Boston? Well everyone is still waiting for your return.
We've only been waiting about 19 years.

Tony

Jun 10, 2022, 7:09:19 PM6/10/22
Walter Dnes wrote:
> Top-posting fixed.
>
> On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 14:12:00 -0400, Mac, <1...@123.com> wrote:
>
>>> The agreements did not change when caps where introduced so there
>>> is no reason why they would change when the caps get removed.
>
>> Now that's doublethink or Alice in Wonderland or Bob Carrick or ...
>
> Bob's right. The capping/uncapping was a decision by Sympatico, not
> by Bellnexxia. Please show why you think they were connected.

Walter Dnes the last of the last of the originals still around from
can.internet.highspeed